WPIX - PIX11 News

Smitha A

Even if she meant the hats hipsters wore, it's still uncalled for. Especially the demonstration she made.

While she meant one thing, a lot of others surely took it another way. Even after the Jason Biggs-Malaysia Airlines incident, this "too soon" thing still carries a toll on everyone. She should apologize on air.

Lisa Mateo is reporting live from the balloon festival in NJ today on the PIX News at 5, but she also did the weather in addition to her reporting. I wonder if she'll do the weather again at 10, or if they'll call in Craig Allen or Joe Cioffi for that broadcast. I'm only saying this because this is the first time Lisa did the weather since her role was reassigned when PIX revamped the morning show.

Barmash's latest Tunedinnyc post about PIX is so weirdly bitter, like a mean girl Facebook post. Everybody's got an opinion, but he only seems to have one and it is getting a little weary.

I agree, his opinion is starting to get to me. Take a look at some of these quotes:

"Tuned In would get spin from the other stations, but PIX typically is the only station to put such emphasis on the summertime, a time when viewership is drastically altered by vacations."

"The only thing worse than declaring an off-season victory is comparing results from last summer"

"And in case you’re wondering, the PIX News at 10 made a 33 percent leap compared to July 2013. That stat is somewhat misleading since the station was still using one anchor"

"The next big question for WPIX is how will they fare in the November sweeps?"

Barmash has to start looking at the bright side of things. Watching WPIX the last few days (especially the evening 5 and 10pm newscasts), the content has improved DRASTICALLY. The only thing wrong about the evening newscast is that they have to cut down on weather teases, and get a new studio. That's all. The morning newscast is a different story, it's still a bit of a train-wreck, but not horrible.

Although this probably belongs on the WNBC thread, if their 5pm newscast continues to do poorly in ratings, does anybody else see a situation in which Gus Rosendale anchors with Contessa on weekend mornings, and Pat Battle replaces Shiba at noon and 5pm? I honestly don't, but was just wondering IF WNBC was to execute this plan, how ratings would turn out.

Jerry Barmash is not credible at all. His inside Pix contacts almost never right. Dam Mannarino leaving never happened. I can understand some of his criticisms in the past, but the station is finally showing improvement. What the Zell cronies did to this station was criminal. If he was a true reporter, he would write the station is finally showing promise and not an not his opinion.that the number reported are bogus. His reports have the feel of a jilted lover.

Looks like they've hired a billboard truck to tout their recent success over WNBC and WNYW.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/wpix-taunts-rival-stations-with-nyc-billboard-truck_b126547#disqus_thread

Not that I'm hating on pix...I understand they'll take any win they can get but isn't kind of sad that they are taunting their competitors like people tuned over pix all because of John Muller. (Not knocking John, but come on) The real challenge is once the TV Season officially starts in a month. Did they really win at 5 or did more people opt to not watch the other channels in the middle of July leaving Pix with more views by default? Spin away!

Not that I'm hating on pix...I understand they'll take any win they can get but isn't kind of sad that they are taunting their competitors like people tuned over pix all because of John Muller. (Not knocking John, but come on) The real challenge is once the TV Season officially starts in a month. Did they really win at 5 or did more people opt to not watch the other channels in the middle of July leaving Pix with more views by default? Spin away!

So what you are saying is that the people who watch the other stations went on vacation, or maybe they went to pix for the news

So what you are saying is that the people who watch the other stations went on vacation, or maybe they went to pix for the news

Could be or just less people watch TV in the middle of summer which is why the networks don't care much for the July sweeps period.

Could be or just less people watch TV in the middle of summer which is why the networks don't care much for the July sweeps period.

h

I understand your point. My point was that if the viewership is less during the summer, ii is down across all stations, even WPIX. With whatever the total viewership is, they saw the stronger numbers

• 2 weeks later...