WPIX - PIX11 News

Smitha A

Please read Dabx's comment over NY Weather and you get the clear and honest reason why Dan and Marysol at 4-6 isn't working, sadly.

No one but me on the PC and a few thousand others are watching. Barely reaches the scale. Plus Suki and Kori recently rose in ratings. People were watching at that timeslot.

And cbs2idiots, stay classy, you jackhole. Just like the rest of them.

Please read Dabx's comment over NY Weather and you get the clear and honest reason why Dan and Marysol at 4-6 isn't working, sadly.

No one but me on the PC and a few thousand others are watching. Barely reaches the scale. Plus Suki and Kori recently rose in ratings. People were watching at that timeslot.

I am not going to stoop to your level. I gave my opinion and I am entitled to it.

I'll post this here too. http://youtu.be/XlrjvFP87vI this promo shows the news will still air at 4am.. Not moving to 5am as reported by tunedin

The change is supposedly schedule for June 16, so they could just be advertising this for now. They aren't going to remove the 4-5am part until it happens, plus this promo is likely temporary since the new traffic reporter is missing.

He didn't say a single thing to anyone in his post. He stated his opinion towards the news. You need to chill out because this is just inappropriate and entirely un called for.

Because I didn't like the way he things he said about Suki and things the PIX execs are running things.

Sure, you don't like her, and you don't have to like her, and no one has to force anyone to like what they don't; it just that I really don't like it when anyone talks about her like she's revolting. Sure she's not the best journalist in the market, but how everyone treats her like she's the worst journalist in any market, or even all of TV, just angers me.

And what I said was wrong. And he doesn't deserve the words I gave to him. I apologize deeply.

Because I didn't like the way he things he said about Suki and things the PIX execs are running things.

Sure, you don't like her, and you don't have to like her, and no one has to force anyone to like what they don't; it just that I really don't like it when anyone talks about her like she's revolting. Sure she's not the best journalist in the market, but how everyone treats her like she's the worst journalist in any market, or even all of TV, just angers me.

And what I said was wrong. And he doesn't deserve the words I gave to him. I apologize deeply.

I was a rooting fan of Suki from her days as a reporter from CBS2. If I said anything that offended you, I will also apologize.

I was a rooting fan of Suki from her days as a reporter from CBS2. If I said anything that offended you, I will also apologize.

Thank you, but I'm the one who needed to apologize to you, because you deserved it. My emotions sometimes get in the way of a good conversation with nice people. Thank you again. I appreciate your acceptance.

Question: is there any notice from the station that Marysol was fired? I find it very confusing that they announced on the morning program that she had the day off. Why would someone say that if she was fired? The only logical conclusion that would make sense is that she was never fired by the station. What might of happened is that she might be pissed about the demotion and walked out. This is the only scenerio i can think of that would make pieces fit

This probably was expected, but I just saw a promo that PIX just aired regarding how Dunkin' Donuts gets you through the morning, and that you should let PIX know your story. And Marysol Castro was definitely in it. But then again, I remember one poster on this board said that he saw a promo that aired during a Mets game a few days ago advertising Suki and, yes, Frances!

Whoa...Scott just said he's moving over to Studio 3C for the Pix11 sports desk! Could this be a sign of WPIX moving its studios? Now I'm dying to see what this looks like!

Never mind... They're broadcasting from where they usually broadcast. Everything's the same and the voice-over still says studio 2A. I don't know why he said 3C. Ironically, studio 3C is the studio that WNBC broadcasts from (in Rockefeller Plaza).

Also, it appears sports reporter Dyrol Joyner is back on air tonight doing a report covering Belmont. I haven't seen him since March. I remember they had him doing in-studio sports segments during the weekend shows for a while.

I think Marysol and Dan were taken off the desk for whatever reason and PIX doesn't want the viewers to know that's why they didn't do a real goodbye and it was on two separate days. Maybe Marysol was scheduled to be off today or maybe she just took off when she found out. Hopefully we see both Dan and Marysol somewhere in the near future in New York

This is it. The station really needs a relaunch. Take 2 months, and try to rebuild a respectable news organization for god sakes. Marysol and Dan are respected journalists, and we only got to know them for how long? Mark Effron is THE WORST ND EVER, and Carey is.....Oh I don't even know, I'm so frustrated with PIX right now. I have no ND experience, but I can put out a better product than them in seconds. Seriously, I don't know how news in the #1 market can get this bad. Ok let me try to get my bearings together after this...

The talent changes weekly and everyone keeps leaving except the god also known by the name of "Suki".....UGGHH :( :angry: :rofl!: :bang:

This board is getting pathetic lately and I can’t hold my tongue any longer. It one thing to dislike WPIX-TV. Its another to not understand that youre not their target audience and that audience doesn’t agree with you. Yes we get that you don’t like Mr. G but a lot of people love him in this market. You personally don’t like Suki. Guess what a lot of people love her and I hear the morning ratings have improved significantly lately.

This seriously has to be the most uninformed television board anywhere (reading that drivel from Barmash doesn’t make you informed). Ratings and revenue are the only thing that matter to any station and are behind every decision. The blind PIX hate is getting obnoxious.

Can you point to the countless threads about how terrible The Couch was? That show was on for 2 years getting .00 in the ratings. It was doing so bad it was cancelled. I don’t remember seeing posts like “FIX WLNY” or “FIRE EVERYONE NOW”. How many times can we have the same conversation about PIX?

Breaking news: Jim Watkins isn’t coming back. Get over it. Lynne White was pushed out a decade ago. Mr G is popular and recognized by New Yorkers. Linda Church is NOT going to weekends.

WPIX is far from perfect but please try and sound somewhat educated before spouting complete nonsense. It makes me wonder how many of you have even stepped foot in a TV station.

Can you point to the countless threads about how terrible The Couch was? That show was on for 2 years getting .00 in the ratings. It was doing so bad it was cancelled. I don’t remember seeing posts like “FIX WLNY” or “FIRE EVERYONE NOW”. How many times can we have the same conversation about PIX?

The big difference is that WLNY didn't have a tradition of excellence, especially at 7 a.m.

The big difference is that WLNY didn't have a tradition of excellence, especially at 7 a.m.

EXACTLY. Also, you have to consider that WLNY is a secondary product to WCBS, which, although ratings are low, their morning show isn't bad. WPIX is the only product that is produced by Tribune, and their morning show is horrendous. What needs to be fixed is the content. Although it has improved since the Frances and Suki era (no more sex crap), they are still doing stupid segments like exercising with a look-alike Obama at 6:45 AM (which I know one member on this board already mentioned) when they should be doing hard news. As much as breaking news coverage is bad, I'd like to see how Suki & Kori would handle it if something big and urgent were to happen. That is really the game-changer, if they are a team that one can trust to get urgent information from. And from what I've seen, they are (especially Chambers). As much as myself and others "bully" Suki, I think she can be a good anchor/reporter when it comes to breaking news. I've seen tapes of her from 9/11 and she can be a serious anchor when it comes to that point.

On another note, as much as I've been optimistic with Tamsen, I can't stand how she smiles when reading stories of shootings and other crimes. Scott has a similar problem, speaking in "sports language" (if you know what I mean) when reading these serious reports. I'm glad he's going back to just sports, that's his world. As for Tamsen, I'd like to see her go back to the mornings, but you know that won't happen. Now, maybe it's just me, but I almost wish Jodi Applegate never left. Her and another anchor (like Larry Mentde or Muller) would of made a great team in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

Darlene Rodriguez on WNBC sits on the left, and Chuck and Sue sat in a similar formation for almost 30 years. Ernie Anastos has also sat on the right at almost every anchor job outside of WABC. It's also the standard on the network morning shows.

Something to ponder about the WPIX 5 and 10pm newscast: it is the only newscast that I have seen where the female anchor is on the left side, Once you realize it, it seems weird

I agree, that's something I always did find odd...I don't watch T.I.N.Y. so besides WPIX, I've never seen it on any other station.