WPIX - PIX11 News

Smitha A

From watching the video it seems like Dan and Marysol were tossing to Suki & Kori for the 6 am show; meanwhile Marysol was saying goodbye nice knowing you probably because he won the design contest thing and probably thinks he wants to leave to be a designer or whatever idk that's how i'm understanding it.

Oh that wasn't the part I was talking about...I believe it was at 10:06 in the video, and the actual time was 8:57. It includes all of the PIX members sitting on the couch.

Oh that wasn't the part I was talking about...I believe it was at 10:06 in the video, and the actual time was 8:57. It includes all of the PIX members sitting on the couch.

That does sound like someone's leaving... Really wierd

That REALLY does sound like someone is leaving. It actually sounds like both Marysol and Dan are leaving.

Interestingly, Dan posted a pic of their first day and today... http://instagram.com/p/o25TgBMi2H/

Very odd. And if true, this is a huge crime because in my opinion, Dan and Marysol was the best team on the PIX 11 Morning News.

That REALLY does sound like someone is leaving. It actually sounds like both Marysol and Dan are leaving.

Interestingly, Dan posted a pic of their first day and today... http://instagram.com/p/o25TgBMi2H/

Very odd. And if true, this is a huge crime because in my opinion, Dan and Marysol was the best team on the PIX 11 Morning News.

I hope Dan and Marysol aren't leaving I actually enjoy watching them and think they do a better job then Suki and Kori. Btw what is it with WPIX that they seem to have a high turnover rate in the mornings?

Here's another thought I had could it be Suki was saying it was great working with you to Dan & Marysol as they are still relatively new to anchoring the morning show?

That's the only other thing I could think of, but Suki says "Dan, I will cry everyday" and Marysol says "I'm a text away" to Suki. That's a bit much if Suki is just saying its great working with you.

The only way we will know is if one or both of them are gone tomorrow. Then I think it is fair to say, that was their goodbye.

That's the only other thing I could think of, but Suki says "Dan, I will cry everyday" and Marysol says "I'm a text away" to Suki. That's a bit much if Suki is just saying its great working with you.

The only way we will know is if one or both of them are gone tomorrow. Then I think it is fair to say, that was their goodbye.

That's terrible if it's true.

Maybe Suki and kori are getting the whole show? I hope not! Or maybe just maybe Suki is leaving?

If Suki's leaving, I hope they bring back Lynne White! But if Dan & Marysol are in fact leaving, the first option is probably more likely, or they may just get a whole new team assembled all together. Another person I'd like to see in an expanded role is Kirstin Cole. She comes off as more of an anchor than a reporter.

I wouldn't rely on that. Ever since PIX has changed to the new tribune website, the bio page is kind of non-existent. None of the talent have a bio up. Is there a page that says "news team" or something that I don't know about? But It's wierd that Jerry Barmash doesn't know about this and the only source we have is Suki's words.

Why don't they dump Suki & Kori instead and have Marysol and Dan anchor the new so called 5 - 9am show? I'd rather watch them instead of Suki & Kori.

This is it. The station really needs a relaunch. Take 2 months, and try to rebuild a respectable news organization for god sakes. Marysol and Dan are respected journalists, and we only got to know them for how long? Mark Effron is THE WORST ND EVER, and Carey is.....Oh I don't even know, I'm so frustrated with PIX right now. I have no ND experience, but I can put out a better product than them in seconds. Seriously, I don't know how news in the #1 market can get this bad. Ok let me try to get my bearings together after this...

The talent changes weekly and everyone keeps leaving except the god also known by the name of "Suki".....UGGHH :( :angry: :rofl!: :bang:

This is it. The station really needs a relaunch. Take 2 months, and try to rebuild a respectable news organization for god sakes. Marysol and Dan are respected journalists, and we only got to know them for how long? Mark Effron is THE WORST ND EVER, and Carey is.....Oh I don't even know, I'm so frustrated with PIX right now. I have no ND experience, but I can put out a better product than them in seconds. Seriously, I don't know how news in the #1 market can get this bad. Ok let me try to get my bearings together after this...

The talent changes weekly and everyone keeps leaving except the god also known by the name of "Suki".....UGGHH :( :angry: :rofl!: :bang:

I'm not surprised with Dan; this is the second time he's gotten shafted by PIX in the anchoring department. Surprised with Marysol though, I thought she did a fine job of anchoring. Both Dan & Marysol worked great together; and hope they appear on another station together. Perhaps PIX should take some pointers from WNBC, WNYW, WABC, WCBS because their morning news teams seems to working out well and show no signs of dismantling.

Wait a minute folks - they had a rating of near zero during the 4 - 6 period. WPIX had every right to make changes - they are not making money with this lineup - everybody is acting like they dumped people from a highly rated popular show. Were they only one at fault here - probaby no, but with a rating of zero they didn't help

What I don't understand is why pix dumped marysol in the first place. After all, they easily could have just demoted her, not fired her. Another thought, why do they think no one watches pix from 4-6am because of the talent? Who's up at 4am anyways? I bet if Dan and marysol took the 6-9am, people would have discovered how much better they are together than suki and kori.

What I don't understand is why pix dumped marysol in the first place. After all, they easily could have just demoted her, not fired her. Another thought, why do they think no one watches pix from 4-6am because of the talent? Who's up at 4am anyways? I bet if Dan and marysol took the 6-9am, people would have discovered how much better they are together than suki and kori.

EXACTLY what I was thinking..if you look at ratings for any show at that time ratings are gonna be low. Another great job from PIX management. Also it seems like they didn't want it mentioned on air. They seemed like they were going around it. Never mentioned they were leaving. Suki seemed upset. And did anyone see they hit Linda took at management the other day when they were talking about John muller coming back?

If people aren't already watching Suki and Kori from 6am to 9am, what makes them think that people will watch them at 5am. If a tornado should hit PIX, and takes it off its foundation, Suki would still keep her chair. PIX's made a lot of changes to their anchor line up even removing veteran Kaity Tong from her long held 10pm spot, but for some reason they keep Suki.

I do have to say.. It's very hard to find two people that work extremely well together where people won't watch anyone else especially if you're gonna do a show like PIX or GDNY with a light format. If you're gonna do straight news it's a little easier where there isn't much interaction. That being said when Suki was with John they worked well with that whole team. I can garuntee if Greg or Rosanna has someone different it wouldn't work as well. They need to find the right person for Suki if they're gonna keep her. However Like everyone else said they should've kept Dan and Marysol and let Suki and Kori do something else. Or if they're gonna keep Suki maybe they should've put Scott in the mornings...