WPIX - PIX11 News

Smitha A

Apologies if this has been noted before but it's new to me... During the Mets broadcast just now, Gary Cohen was reading a promo for the next Mets broadcast on the station and ended it with "...on New York's own PIX 11." Not the same as "Chicago's very own" but it reminded me of WGN.

I wonder if this will be used more often or if it was just a one-time line in a live promo script?

Maybe the teams for the new newscasts? (if they ever come to be)

Maybe KGO anchor Carolyn Johnson might be one of the new anchors for either the new 11 am show, or the weekend morning show? The PR did say she accepted an opportunity to be anchor outside of the San Francisco market, and well hey WPIX is looking for new anchors and New York is outside the San Francisco market. Now if she is indeed going to WPIX and anchoring on weekends it would be a drag to go from a weekday schedule to a weekend anchoring/weekday reporting schedule.

Maybe KGO anchor Carolyn Johnson might be one of the new anchors for either the new 11 am show, or the weekend morning show? The PR did say she accepted an opportunity to be anchor outside of the San Francisco market, and well hey WPIX is looking for new anchors and New York is outside the San Francisco market. Now if she is indeed going to WPIX and anchoring on weekends it would be a drag to go from a weekday schedule to a weekend anchoring/weekday reporting schedule.

But so is every other market, and who says she is going up and not down in market?

Another rumor has her possibly landing at KNBC in LA.

Another rumor has her possibly landing at KNBC in LA.

What would she be doing at KNBC? Today in LA is pretty much covered, the noon show is covered (I've seen Michelle Valles co-anchoring at noon lately), Chuck & Colleen pretty much have the 5, 6 & 11pm shows covered. So that basically leaves the weekend morning shows. Is she perhaps going to co-anchor the morning show with Adrian? Or perhaps Adrian is going to give up the weekend Today in LA show, and just focus on the weekend evening newscasts. As of right now he co-anchors at 5 & 6pm on saturday nights in addition to doing the weekend Today in LA shows.

What would she be doing at KNBC? Today in LA is pretty much covered, the noon show is covered (I've seen Michelle Valles co-anchoring at noon lately), Chuck & Colleen pretty much have the 5, 6 & 11pm shows covered. So that basically leaves the weekend morning shows. Is she perhaps going to co-anchor the morning show with Adrian? Or perhaps Adrian is going to give up the weekend Today in LA show, and just focus on the weekend evening newscasts. As of right now he co-anchors at 5 & 6pm on saturday nights in addition to doing the weekend Today in LA shows.

She could be doing the noon and 6pm as Lucy Noland was.

She could be doing the noon and 6pm as Lucy Noland was.

Possibly, but maybe just the noon show like Whit does. I mean hasn't KNBC have someone else anchor the 6pm show up until late last year when Colleen assumed 6 pm anchoring duties? As far as I can find out seems like Colleen just did the 5 & 11 and someone else did the 6. So maybe they just gonna keep Colleen at 6 and just have Carolyn do the noon show, but hey right now it's all speculation at this point we don't really know where she's headed or what shows she's going to be anchoring. I forgot to mention when Lucy Noland was first hired at KNBC she was hired on to anchor at 6pm, she added noon anchoring duties when the noon show was launched.

I'm sorry to ask this but I don't really watch PIX11 all that much, but can someone enlighten me as to why nobody likes or much cares for Mr. G? I'm just curious that's all.

I'll be glad to tell you. First off, you can tell that he creeps Tamsen out. To put it simply, he's a pervert. And not only that, he can't do the weather. He just mumbles the forecast, covers up the maps so nobody can see them, and doesn't even refer to the maps that are behind him. Personally, he didn't bother me when Jim and Kaity were there, but now he's just annoying and creepy.

Looking at Scott Stanford's twitter he's on vacation this week. I hope to god they give Tamsen a coanchor this week. It's so hard to watch with only one person and Mr.G creeping on her the whole time doesn't help

uggh, Tamsen's solo again at 5pm tonight...Not even on for 2 minutes and the teleprompter already froze and Tamsen's confused. Originally I was against the idea, but now It's at the point where they really need to just shut down completely and get a new ND and revamp their news operation.

...and Jerry Barmash's story is up on Tuned In, all about how a WPIX overhaul could be on the way.

http://tunedinnyc.com/

Well they have definite potential in the morning from 4-6.. After that they really don't cause Kori and Suki aren't good and after 7 there's very little chance that anyone local can beat Rosanna and Greg. If they bring in the right people they could definetly beat Steve and (Dari) but this will take a very long time. PIX really has lost all credability and it's sad because they had a good thing going. Weren't the new newscasts supposed to start by now? Why haven't they? I have no newsroom expierence and it could do a better job with my eyes closed.

I'll be glad to tell you. First off, you can tell that he creeps Tamsen out. To put it simply, he's a pervert. And not only that, he can't do the weather. He just mumbles the forecast, covers up the maps so nobody can see them, and doesn't even refer to the maps that are behind him. Personally, he didn't bother me when Jim and Kaity were there, but now he's just annoying and creepy.

Okay thanks for informing me. I will maybe try and catch a WPIX 5pm or 10pm show.

Oh I didn't mean tonight I meant like sometime in the future.

Okay, I just had to throw this out there. Here's a clip of Mr. G trying to do 'something' to Kaity Tong while in the middle of the broadcast! Video Credit: Jaynorris117

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiEXV3TcCFg

Here's him with Jodi Applegate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V5ayqTs6eo

And here he is with Tamsen Fadal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FLLbakoNp4

Okay, I just had to throw this out there. Here's a clip of Mr. G trying to do 'something' to Kaity Tong while in the middle of the broadcast! Video Credit: Jaynorris117

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiEXV3TcCFg

Here's him with Jodi Applegate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V5ayqTs6eo

And here he is with Tamsen Fadal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FLLbakoNp4

Oh my yikes that's interesting. WPIX should just kick him to the curb or demote him to weekends.