Jump to content

Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
Smitha A

WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Recommended Posts

Someone mentioned the studio got upgraded recently - I noticed the backdrop is seamless now which looks great - anything else change, only caught a glimpse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sfomspphl said:

Someone mentioned the studio got upgraded recently - I noticed the backdrop is seamless now which looks great - anything else change, only caught a glimpse


All the monitors are now seamless. In addition to the backdrop, the anchor desk panels and stand up/interview area monitors are now seamless. The interview/stand up area also received a set of three vertical monitors to add to its background. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BIG issues tonight on WABC.. not sure when it happened exactly but at the top of the 5:00 hour it was commercials until about 5:10. Then Lee Goldberg broke in and gave an extended weather forecast before tossing it back to Bill and Sandra.. they got through about two stories and at the end of Toni Yates story the camera was stuck on her live shot.. they got back to the studio where the graphics from Toni story were still on screen.. they attempted to read the next story and Bill and Sandra quickly went back to commercial. 5:20 and it’s a replay of a newscast with Liz Cho ( I do not believe it’s today’s first at 4) it’s a complete mess lol definitely the computer going nuts 

5:30 Lee is back on air and on Facebook live

Edited by RealNews18
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another out of market O&O weather anchor is filling in tonight.

 

WTVD weekend meteorologist Steve Stewart is filling in for Jeff Smith.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Another out of market O&O weather anchor is filling in tonight.

 

WTVD weekend meteorologist Steve Stewart is filling in for Jeff Smith.

Talk about bizarre 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New augmented reality graphics and for WABC that mimic the standup/interview area in the main studio. This was shot in the newsroom (you can hear the newsroom phones ringing in the background). 

5F600582-1DDF-444A-9D97-3C6B0A3A3161.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2019 at 11:27 PM, CircleSeven said:

Another out of market O&O weather anchor is filling in tonight.

 

WTVD weekend meteorologist Steve Stewart is filling in for Jeff Smith.

Steve left some gifts for WABC since he helps design some of the weather graphics the O&O's use. Here's a preview of those graphics. (Hint: look at the train on the left.)

 

 

Edited by RGSJenkins
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, RGSJenkins said:

Steve left some gifts for WABC since he helps design some of the weather graphics the O&O's use. Here's a preview of those graphics. (Hint: look at the train on the left.)

 

 


 

I was going to say I saw nothing then I saw an Amtrak logo.

Edited by rkolsen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, rkolsen said:


 

I was going to say I saw nothing then I saw an Amtrak logo.

Where do you see that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ns8401 said:

Where do you see that?

Look next to the pillar...

 

AAA4C0AE-F5E6-4E31-BF18-11FD36460F13.thumb.png.b55d49e9ce90c48906faaa901c457385.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For one of the few times since Sam Ryan was hired, Anthony Johnson doing sports tonight. 

 

Every time I see him doing sports, my brain thinks Randall Pinkston having to fill in for Warner Wolf. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, rkolsen said:

Look next to the pillar...

 

AAA4C0AE-F5E6-4E31-BF18-11FD36460F13.thumb.png.b55d49e9ce90c48906faaa901c457385.png

What are we product placing for Amtrak now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ns8401 said:

What are we product placing for Amtrak now?

Maybe just an Easter egg goof or someone thinking Amtrak runs the NYC subway (which would be odd given all the intricacies they put in). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2019 at 6:44 PM, wabceyewitness said:

New augmented reality graphics and for WABC that mimic the standup/interview area in the main studio. This was shot in the newsroom (you can hear the newsroom phones ringing in the background). 

5F600582-1DDF-444A-9D97-3C6B0A3A3161.jpeg

From the looks of it it just seems to be a chroma key. I imagine she’s standing in the newsroom weather center. If they wanted to make it slightly more realistic they could back up a bit and put some green on the floor.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rkolsen said:

From the looks of it it just seems to be a chroma key. I imagine she’s standing in the newsroom weather center. If they wanted to make it slightly more realistic they could back up a bit and put some green on the floor.

It’s a pretty good effect, as for the Amtrak thing I had a similar thought about the logo on a subway car.. neat Easter egg though would they have to pay a royalty to use the logo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Kristin's style of reporting. She's super engaging and very compelling the way she tells her stories. So glad she's back!

 

 

 

Here's a demo reel from the mid 2010s in honor of her.

Edited by Vlad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.