WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

I think he's anchored on Christmas more recently than 5 years ago. Besides, I'm not sure why "missing" Christmas with his family would matter since he doesn't celebrate Christmas.

While Bill is Jewish, his wife is not. They celebrate Christmas for his young daughter.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
As I said "I get it". I'm just saying!

You were just saying you get that she doesn't but went on to expound that she should and her not having one is disingenuous. J told you why they don't do that... it's standard operating procedure. If she goes up to anything above freelance she will get a bio. But as a freelancer she can leave tomorrow and nobody will really notice, shes not really that important there because she is a freelancer I'm sorry to say.

• Like 2

You were just saying you get that she doesn't but went on to expound that she should and her not having one is disingenuous. J told you why they don't do that... it's standard operating procedure. If she goes up to anything above freelance she will get a bio. But as a freelancer she can leave tomorrow and nobody will really notice, shes not really that important there because she is a freelancer I'm sorry to say.

Yes sir!

Does anyone know if/when Sade will be back? She's had 2 very serious head injuries now, I wonder if she'll be up to coming back at any point. IF not do we see a reshuffling of the anchor teams again? Or does someone just get the 5 and 11 spot?

They still plug her in promos so she should be back sometime, but it is frustrating to the viewership because she is missed so much. With that said, I'm sure Sade would love to be back, but I suppose her doctors feel she is not ready.

With that said, and I get there are vacations, but it seems that Liz gets the most time off than any other anchor, unless she has it written into her contract. Not only vacation weeks which happen to have holidays in them, but she gets virtually all other holidays off too!

Who disagrees?

• Like 1

They still plug her in promos so she should be back sometime, but it is frustrating to the viewership because she is missed so much. With that said, I'm sure Sade would love to be back, but I suppose her doctors feel she is not ready.

With that said, and I get there are vacations, but it seems that Liz gets the most time off than any other anchor, unless she has it written into her contract. Not only vacation weeks which happen to have holidays in them, but she gets virtually all other holidays off too!

Who disagrees?

She is paying her agent 10% (standard rate) of her paycheck each week to have all those days off negotiated in her contract. Does ABC provide a daily round trip in a Towne Car to and from work...like many others get? Clothing allowance or free clothing ??? 1 or 3 hour lunch and dinner break???

How about that all expenses paid vacation to any Disney resort , cruise ship or Island?

Her agent did all the heavy lifting...she just has to show up and read the news...and he gets 10%.

Sweet gig eh?

She is paying her agent 10% (standard rate) of her paycheck each week to have all those days off negotiated in her contract. Does ABC provide a daily round trip in a Towne Car to and from work...like many others get? Clothing allowance or free clothing ??? 1 or 3 hour lunch and dinner break???

How about that all expenses paid vacation to any Disney resort , cruise ship or Island?

Her agent did all the heavy lifting...she just has to show up and read the news...and he gets 10%.

Sweet gig eh?

I thought Liz drove herself to work, because didn't a NYPD cop stop her for something and a computer check picked up her license was expired, or something like that?

• Like 1

I thought Liz drove herself to work, because didn't a NYPD cop stop her for something and a computer check picked up her license was expired, or something like that?

She does. All the the anchors do. Bill takes yellow cabs. High profile network talent are given cars to and from home, not local anchors.

She does. All the the anchors do. Bill takes yellow cabs. High profile network talent are given cars to and from home, not local anchors.

Things must have really changed in the last few years. We NEVER took yellow cabs to anything. It was always town cars...even for stupid airport runs to JFK. If Lara Spencer or Stacy Sager...or even N.J forgot their favorite hair brush at home...it was a town car that was sent. Never a yellow cab. You get better service and discounts with town cars because every station has their "favorite" companies.

You seriously gonna tell me some local anchors and reporters don't take town cars to work anymore?

Where do they have all the available parking spaces hidden at WABC?

ok...ok....to be accurate

WCBS and WPIX took cabs.

WOR and everyone else took Gypsy.

(ya sense a little sarcasm?)

• Like 2

Things must have really changed in the last few years. We NEVER took yellow cabs to anything. It was always town cars...even for stupid airport runs to JFK. If Lara Spencer or Stacy Sager...or even N.J forgot their favorite hair brush at home...it was a town car that was sent. Never a yellow cab. You get better service and discounts with town cars because every station has their "favorite" companies.

You seriously gonna tell me some local anchors and reporters don't take town cars to work anymore?

Where do they have all the available parking spaces hidden at WABC?

ok...ok....to be accurate

WCBS and WPIX took cabs.

WOR and everyone else took Gypsy.

(ya sense a little sarcasm?)

What no big expensive suburban lot or attached station parking garage?

• Like 2

They don't take town cars.. as a matter of fact many of them walk. Chris Wragge posts himself in his car each morning on his Insta story. Lonnie Quinn rides his bike. Plus there are many who live in Jersey or in the suburbs. Are the stations really going to pay for a towncar when they're cutting budgets left and right?

They don't take town cars.. as a matter of fact many of them walk. Chris Wragge posts himself in his car each morning on his Insta story. Lonnie Quinn rides his bike. Plus there are many who live in Jersey or in the suburbs. Are the stations really going to pay for a towncar when they're cutting budgets left and right?

Wow...

Sounds pretty depressing. Seems the ride situation was always the first thing discussed in the contracts. Nobody wanted to drive for obvious reasons.

I guess I stand corrected....sad for them....but corrected neverless.

EDIT: So I check a bit further...made a call or two.

The station still pays for many talent rides to and from work....they just all use UBER and get reimbursed.

Dopey me!

WABC talent do not get car service. They haven’t since Disney bought ABC.

The only exceptions are if they have to come in very early morning for special coverage of an event or if they’ve stayed late night for breaking news. In a couple of instances, talent have received threats that were taken as credible by ABC security and NYPD. In those cases talent got car service as a safety measure. There have also been a couple of cases where an injury or surgery made it difficult for talent to drive or take the train. In those cases a car service was also provided.

• 2 weeks later...
Sade is back tonight at 11.. They said she is phasing in her return.

Yep she’s finally back. What a trooper she is. She’s gone through so much in her career. Godspeed to her and glad she’s back!

• Like 1

Yep she’s finally back. What a trooper she is. She’s gone through so much in her career. Godspeed to her and glad she’s back!

I wonder if she'll ask for a lighter work load permanently. Maybe the noon and 5 or noon and first at 4.. the hours she works is alot for anyone nevermind someone who's been through everything she has.

• Like 1