WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

So anyone thinking/hoping the new look will launch tomorrow or Monday?

I agree, enough with this dog discussion already, if anything this dog discusion should be a seprate thread on the New York News Forum, since it has virtually nothing to do with WABC's on-air and TV presentation. Now, going back on topic now, I hope... Any word on when the new graphics are coming? Or is it speculation again? o_O.

• Like 1

I agree, enough with this dog discussion already, if anything this dog discusion should be a seprate thread on the New York News Forum, since it has virtually nothing to do with WABC's on-air and TV presentation. Now, going back on topic now, I hope... Any word on when the new graphics are coming? Or is it speculation again? o_O.

Well, there is tangible evidence of changes coming, but no clear signal has gone off giving any specific launch date. Most of the time, new weather elements would show up within a few days of debut, but it's been more than a week, so I'd imagine it could be any time. We could stroke our egos and speculate that they're tweaking the opens after seeing our reaction, but that's unlikely. :D

• Like 5

Well, there is tangible evidence of changes coming, but no clear signal has gone off giving any specific launch date. Most of the time, new weather elements would show up within a few days of debut, but it's been more than a week, so I'd imagine it could be any time. We could stroke our egos and speculate that they're tweaking the opens after seeing our reaction, but that's unlikely. :D

Ah ok, as for the music, which I'm curious more than ever, what cuts of Eyewitness News do they close resemble? I would like to hear a sample. :).

• Like 4

Ah ok, as for the music, which I'm curious more than ever, what cuts of Eyewitness News do they close resemble? I would like to hear a sample. :).

The samples some of us viewed maintained the current cuts.

Ah ok, well honestly, they're current look isn't dramatically bad. Would be nice if they followed in some of KABC's cues with their on-air look but I guess that remains to be seen when the final product is unveiled. I say they should take their time. Its not like the 2004-2008 days when they were in dire need of an overhaul. I wouldn't mind if they remained with the current music. It would be nice if they utilzed different cuts and bumpers in that vast music package that they have thats the only thing. Even if it is still Series 4 lol.

• Like 1

The samples some of us viewed maintained the current cuts.

Does the dog like to ride in cars?

What kind of treats does he like?

Do you want to share your popcorn?

(i will be swimming off of Rockaway beach this afternoon if you want to toss the pup my way)

Perhaps the changes will come after sweeps? They just shot new promo photos last week that I would presume are supposed to conform with the new look.

They just shot new promo photos last week that I would presume are supposed to conform with the new look.

Speaking of which, I have NEVER heard of or seen a news team taking part in sooooooo many photo shoots together. Do they have to do them so often in case someone gets another gray hair or wrinkle?

• Like 1

Another new graphic element popped up during the 11pm news on Monday night. A new "New At 11" box made it on air I the lower left part of the screen during the number into the first break. Nothing special and no animation or anything, but definitely conforms with the video that was visible on Vimeo and also the "Right Now" element that aired last week during weathercasts.

Is it the graphic seen during the open here?

Yes! I guess they've been using it for a few days now. They still used, as an intro to another story, the "new at 11:00" animation from the current package. But, as you can see, this box matches up with some other new things we've been seeing.

Speaking of which, I have NEVER heard of or seen a news team taking part in sooooooo many photo shoots together. Do they have to do them so often in case someone gets another gray hair or wrinkle?

Ha! And this morning they posted on Instagram another group photo taken together - along with Camille Edwards - in front the EWN van outside the station garage. Was all part of the big promo shoot day.

• Like 1

Frankly, I don't think it's a part of the new package...at least in its current form. Any other new elements we've seen are using a different font, so I'll reserve judgement, for now.

That New at 11 box looks like it belongs on Fox 5. Plus, it's huge. Totally covered the collision in the video they played.

If people are already tuned in, I wonder what the point is. Maybe they have data suggesting that some people are watching the open and then changing the channel or turning the TV off, so they are looking for a way to keep people lured in.

Nice and small. Glad to see the revamp will be tasteful and concise.

Ha. It seems almost like now they're adding more and more patches to the current clunky package. Wonder what's going on that they just can't wait until debuting the new look.

One thing that I can't stand about the current package is the ABC Circle 7 portion of their lower thirds. The #abcny hashtag looks gross and unfinished. And the time and temp bug still needs work. It should be a bit more subtle. They really need to hire new people to overhaul their on-air look to bring it to standard. WABC has never been known for their graphics sadly. They are just not "premium" enough for the number market. And they've always had this problem for years on end. They can't seem to get it right like their sister stations lol. KABC WLS have always had better graphics. Even WPVI in my opinion is miles away than WABC. By no means is this a horrible look, but it can certainly be better and much improved.

• 24994J pinned, unpinned, featured and unfeatured this topic