WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

Has it been announced who the anchors are? I guess it's safe to assume that it's the 6 and 11pm team.

I must say that this will beat reruns of Bachelor Paradise or whatever is randomly thrown there. It beefs up the timeslot, considerably.

They showed promos for it yesterday. Regular weekend evening team. Curious to see if it takes on the feel of the weekday 5 o'clock news and what they'll fill it with. I'm guess some extra time for sports and some more packages from the network, similar to when the weekend 11pm went to a full hour.

I seen meteorologist Jeff Smith holding a new microphone similar to what the European stations use, the only other station I seen using that is KTVX in Utah.

[GALLERY=media, 703]WABC Mic flag 2015 by RGSJenkins posted Sep 15, 2015 at 11:56 PM[/GALLERY]

WPVI used it a few months back during the Amtrak derailment in Philly, IIRC.

Here's something you don't see every day: one local station advertising programming on a competing local station. In this case, WABC telling viewers they can catch Monday night's Jets game on PIX11. The game is an ESPN Monday Night Football game so must air on a local channel in the teams' home markets. PIX11 carries the local MNF games through a deal worked out with WABC and ESPN.

image.thumb.jpeg.c1439fff334078ab76c73d0e1bd76c03.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
also wabc is still looking for the reporter/anchor position either they don't want to fill it yet or having a hardtime finding someone

I wouldn't read too much into it. Mornings are covered with Lori & Ken, Noon is covered with Shirleen & David, 4 is covered with Liz & David, 5 is covered with Sade & Diana, 6 is covered with Liz & Bill, 11 is covered with Sade & Bill. Weekend mornings are covered with Michelle & Rob, weekend evenings are covered with Sandra & Joe. More then likely WABC hasn't removed the job posting after hiring Shirleen as anchor/reporter (anchor noon, report 4, 5 & 6).

• Like 1

i see but notice how the posting is Reporter/Anchor and i also crossed checked the posting on the disney site and wasn't Lisa's position reporter/Anchor?

And that's exactly what Shirleen was hired as Anchor/Reporter noon anchor & reporter for the 4, 5 & 6pm newscasts.

• 24994J pinned, unpinned, featured and unfeatured this topic