WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

Which do they use more on air? ABC7 or Channel 7?

Just think about the reporter sign-off, for example. WNBC uses "Sheldon Dutes, NBC New York," WCBS uses "Matt Kozar, CBS 2 News," and WABC uses "N.J. Burkett, Channel 7, Eyewitness News." No mention of ABC, and that's because viewers know the station best as "Channel 7."

Just think about the reporter sign-off, for example. WNBC uses "Sheldon Dutes, NBC New York," WCBS uses "Matt Kozar, CBS 2 News," and WABC uses "N.J. Burkett, Channel 7, Eyewitness News." No mention of ABC, and that's because viewers know the station best as "Channel 7."

Right I know the tag uses channel 7 but what about if they are promoting say Dancing With The Stars during a newscast as being later on ?

Here we use just Channel 7 for promos like that during newscasts after say a story about it or something. Sometimes just 7.

It was Bill Sandra and Lee at 5pm.. In the words of Lee Goldberg it was like the year 2000.. They anchored weekend evenings correct?

Yes. Bill was brought on to takeover for Bill Beutel and left the weekends once Beutel stepped down from the 11pm anchor chair. Lee got bumped up to weekdays when ABC News made the surprise move of offering Sam Champion a new position as weather editor and Good Morning America weather anchor. Sandra has been on weekends since the late 90s.

If you can't see the difference, I don't know what to tell you.

Ummm... Yes there is... Colors and gradients and some shape and size stuff.

Oddly enough, my computer displayed literally the same image (the old one) in both of your posts yesterday. Now I see the new one, and I see that it is flat and includes abc7ny.

Oddly enough, my computer displayed literally the same image (the old one) in both of your posts yesterday. Now I see the new one, and I see that it is flat and includes abc7ny.

Well that's odd... Did you find the abc7ny one to be hard to read as far as the eyewitness news lettering went? I could barely read it.