WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

It seems like they are trying to lighten the load on their staff.

I know it's just a theory but could it be that this lightening the load of the morning staff could be in response to Lisa Colligrasi's death and the claims that her heavy morning workload contributed to her death. Just a theory...

That being said, it could just be that they wanted to change it up a little.

Diana did her Sunday show from the Live studio.

I thought the show looked much better from the Live studio than from the Eyewitness News studio. The spot it usually is filmed from feels dark and cold (and overly blue). The Live set felt much more balanced and wholesome (as opposed to being crammed into a corner of the studio in an ad-hoc way).

Interesting they said "and meteorologist Bill Evans" instead of "and Bill Evans with the exclusive Accu-Weather forecast." Also, they didn't have a shot together the 3 of them with "Now Eyewitness News at Noon" or anything. Plus, they didn't used to have a talent open at 12:30pm. So some differences with this open.

The Noon open is played normally including "and Bill Evans with the AccuWeather forecast" and the three of them standing together.

P.S. Lee is in for Bill today at noon.

Is Bill not doing the weather at 12pm or is does he have some prior commitment?

Noticed Amy doing the 12pm most days last week and Jeff Smith is on today.

I realized that too. They still mention him during the open. Even Lee Goldberg was on during the noon was day last week, so I'm not sure what is going on.

Yes. But he's on in the morning. With the changes to the noon show we were just wondering if he would be moved off as well. Thats all.

Was he actually there on the morning show. Just trying to get some clarification.

Shirleen filling in for lori this AM

Lori was on at 4 for Liz.. Surprised not to see her at 6

WABC has always has had weird fill-in procedures. Why not just have Shirleen fill in at 4pm for Liz and leave Lori in the mornings? Also, when one of the 6pm anchors is off, they always seem to have the other anchor it solo despite that there are fill-ins available (in this case Lori).

Also, I love Shirleen, but she was really not needed. Diana or Liz could have added noon duties to their schedule. Liz is already there to do the 4pm preview.

Idk it just seems like something is gonna happen in the next few months. Why have Lori do the evenings when they have Shirleen? Sade is off too.. Joe Torres was in at 5. Maybe Lori will do the 11? I'm just saying why mess with the entire line up when you have the people to fill in..

Edit: Lori is on at 11.. Never remember her doing the 11 before

I think we're looking a bit much into this. This happens every summer when there are a lot of anchors off at the same time and every summer this site goes crazy saying changes are coming. I'm not saying changes aren't coming, but this happens every year.

I normally agree with that. In fact I usually say the same thing. The only thing I'm saying is if they have Shirleen why have Lori do the evenings? Unless it's a seniority/contract thing.. Lori is doing the 4 and 11 all week

I find it interesting the Shirleen is filling in for Lori now. That pushes Michelle Charlesworth out of the way, I wonder how she feels about all of this.

Losing Michele would be a big loss for WABC.

Michelle was never exactly the main fill-in for Lori. Don't forget that Lisa Colagrossi subbed for Lori quite often. So, just because Shirleen has subbed for her once doesn't mean Michelle is out of that picture completely. Moreover, for all we know Michelle doesn't like filling in in the morning. It means she has to start work at 3 AM, whereas on a normal day she reports for the afternoon shows.

• 24994J pinned, unpinned, featured and unfeatured this topic