WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

WABC has a great line up as is.. But IF it's Diana I think it should be..

Lori and Ken on Mornings

Shirleen and David at Noon

Shirleen and Liz at 4

David and Sade at 5

Bill and Liz at 6

Bill and Sade at 11

This seem so much believable. I can totally see this happening.

WABC should tread carefully. Michelle is a talent and while I'm sure she is happy and grateful right now you never know. She should be getting the morning show next if/when Lori leaves or is bumped to nights. If not...I've always thought her to be the perfect fit to replace Rosanna on GDNY when she retires way down the line.

About Michelle ... Who says she wants a weekday anchor spot if it opens? Some reporters like the idea of reporting, getting to go out in the field and not being tied to an anchor desk 5 days a week. Not everyone we see on TV aspires to be an anchor. Look at Sandra Bookman. She's been anchoring weekends since the 90s. Do you think she would still be at Channel 7 if she felt like she was passed over when Lori, Liz, Sade and now Shirleen were brought on board?

About Michelle ... Who says she wants a weekday anchor spot if it opens? Some reporters like the idea of reporting, getting to go out in the field and not being tied to Ana major desk 5 days a week. Not everyone we see on TV aspires to be an anchor. Look at Sandra Bookman. She's been anchoring weekends since the 90s. Do you think she would still be at Channel 7 if she felt like she was passed over when Lori, Liz, Sade and now Shirleen were brought on board?

like for example didn't Liz move off the 11 pm and take on the 4 and 6 to be closer with her daughter?

WABC should tread carefully. Michelle is a talent and while I'm sure she is happy and grateful right now you never know. She should be getting the morning show next if/when Lori leaves or is bumped to nights. If not...I've always thought her to be the perfect fit to replace Rosanna on GDNY when she retires way down the line.

About Michelle ... Who says she wants a weekday anchor spot if it opens? Some reporters like the idea of reporting, getting to go out in the field and not being tied to Ana major desk 5 days a week. Not everyone we see on TV aspires to be an anchor. Look at Sandra Bookman. She's been anchoring weekends since the 90s. Do you think she would still be at Channel 7 if she felt like she was passed over when Lori, Liz, Sade and now Shirleen were brought on board?

WABC is right Michelle has been on weekends since i can remember heck i remeber Joe torres has one of her co anchors , besides i think if they would want to break up the weekend AM team it would be a bad idea

also when was the last time they placed someone in the noon newscast was used to groom a replacement besides Sade replacing Roz, cause i remember the transition from the great BIll Beutel to Bill Ritter, Ritter was on the weekends then Ritter took the 11 pm newscast then took all of Beutel's broadcasts while Bill Beutel took on the senior correspondent's role till he retired in 03.

like we stated.. You don't leave a pretty good evening anchor spot to just to do the noon news (even if it is NYC) something is going to change in the next few months.. Here's the only other thing I could think of and its again someone at night leaving.. Lori being promoted.. This is their way of introducing her to viewers and seeing how well she works with Ken and Bill. We will see on June 1st if Ken still anchors or if it's a whole new team

Definitely looks like some changes will be coming to a station that doesn't change much. This will be interesting in the coming months- also there are rumors of new graphics and music, we'll see if that changes as well.

I find it interesting that it says that Allicot will anchor the noon news but it doesn't say if she''ll anchor it with someone or if she'll solo it. Maybe they just want her to solo the show for the time being to get very acclimated with viewers? Just a thought.

Definitely looks like some changes will be coming to a station that doesn't change much. This will be interesting in the coming months- also there are rumors of new graphics and music, we'll see if that changes as well.

I find it interesting that it says that Allicot will anchor the noon news but it doesn't say if she''ll anchor it with someone or if she'll solo it. Maybe they just want her to solo the show for the time being to get very acclimated with viewers? Just a thought.

Haven't new graphics and music been rumored for seemingly years now?

Haven't new graphics and music been rumored for seemingly years now?

The main difference now is that they're going to need at least one new talent open (not necessarily new graphics), and the typical life cycle for a WABC package is winding down, based on previous generations.

like we stated.. You don't leave a pretty good evening anchor spot to just to do the noon news (even if it is NYC) something is going to change in the next few months.. Here's the only other thing I could think of and its again someone at night leaving.. Lori being promoted.. This is their way of introducing her to viewers and seeing how well she works with Ken and Bill. We will see on June 1st if Ken still anchors or if it's a whole new team

What does that have to do with anything? How many shows you anchor at your previous station has no say in how many shows you anchor at your new station. Look at Rob Schmitt he came from market 2 anchoring 5 weekend newscasts to market 1 to anchor a measly 30 minute noon newscast and report for 5 & 6. Rob has since added weekend anchor duties in addition to the noon show since management decided to shake things up after Tom Llamas left.

I don't know. Ignoring the 10pm product on PHL17, moving from 4pm in Philly to 12pm in New York seems like a reasonable transition for me. The only difference is that she'll be going from the #2 female role to #4.

I don't know. Ignoring the 10pm product on PHL17, moving from 4pm in Philly to 12pm in New York seems like a reasonable transition for me. The only difference is that she'll be going from the #2 female role to #4.

True. But if WABC wants to just fill the Noon hour, they could have easily asked David and Diana to do it. But they went out of their way to get a new anchor.

I honestly think Diana is eventually gonna leave pretty soon, maybe in the next year or so. Therefore Lori gets promoted to evenings, and Shirleen becomes morning and noon anchor.

But she could have only just been hired to do the 12pm show, and report in the evenings. There are very interesting things happening at 7 Lincoln Square.

I wonder how the other anchors and reporters are feeling about the new hire.

I honestly think Diana is eventually gonna leave pretty soon, maybe in the next year or so. Therefore Lori gets promoted to evenings, and Shirleen becomes morning and noon anchor.

But she could have only just been hired to do the 12pm show, and report in the evenings. There are very interesting things happening at 7 Lincoln Square.

I wonder how the other anchors and reporters are feeling about the new hire.

Or they could have done this if Diana leaves, and left Lori in her place, and hired no one!

4&6: David & Liz

5&11: Bill & Sade

I'm honestly wondering if they'll ever implement actual new music- remember the aborted attempt at using Stimulus, which only made it to station IDs; ironically, one of them is still in circulation, but with another piece of music that sounds vaguely like EWN Series 4, but I'm not sure if it is from that package.

I'm honestly wondering if they'll ever implement actual new music- remember the aborted attempt at using Stimulus, which only made it to station IDs; ironically, one of them is still in circulation, but with another piece of music that sounds vaguely like EWN Series 4, but I'm not sure if it is from that package.

I don't want them to change the music. I like the theme they have. It's very catchy and "newsy". Graphics yes. Music no. Lol

Yeah, but they've been using the same cuts over and over since 1999. At this rate, they're gonna be like WPVI; and I dunno why they didn't use Stimulus, as that was a real good package.

True. Also I've said it before and I'll say it again.. New background images for the main anchor set are needed. These ones they have seem very outdated to me