WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

I'm not sure what his name is but WABC has recently been switching between Charlie Van Dyke and someone else doing V/O's. Not sure why but they even changed the "Protect Your Children" to the new voice which had previously been Charlie's voice.

Actually, this new guy replaced Mike Lewis as the VO for the "Protect our Children" things.

And he's doing the show listings and he did the 6pm tease. He sounds super fast.

• 2 weeks later...

It was also not necessary to preempt GMA at 8am for an hour of storm coverage.

Considering it was coming down pretty bad at 8am, I though it was smart. And its better to have storm coverage than Pop News when there is a storm.

WABC went on at 3pm with Bill Ritter Sade Bill Evans and Jeff Smith.. Not sure it was really necessary to go on so early

I think they just want to keep being "First at."

It was also not necessary to preempt GMA at 8am for an hour of storm coverage.

Disagree. When you have a major storm hitting the area during rush hour - and when Super Bowl visitors are trying to get out of town - the special coverage is warranted. Plus, when there's snow , WNYW Good Day NY normally beats the networks because they're offering local news. So, if you can preempt your network and offer important local news, then why not?

At this point, they are probably doing anything they can to get better ratings than Katie so the 4pm doesn't suffer.

I have no idea what they are going to fill the 3pm with. Maybe they can move GH back to 3pm, take The Doctors from WLNY and put that at 2pm so EWN at 4pm has a #1 lead in?

I have no idea what they are going to fill the 3pm with. can they move GH back to 3pm and add something local to 2pm so EWN at 4pm has a good lead in?

I have a feeling they are going to fill it with some combination of Jeopardy/Wheel/Millionaire second showings.