WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

I also noticed Heather is now doing traffic in front of webcams now instead of just showing it and then returning to her after.

Yes, Heather's in it! I wonder if any other O&O's have traffic in their morning opens? Charlie in my opinion says her name a little funny, maybe because I'm not used to it.

I know WLS and WPVI do. And your right, he says Heather's name higher pitched than the others.

Do we know what her arrangement is? I wonder if she's still employed by Metro/Shadow Traffic contracted by WABC, or if she's just been hired by WABC outright.

She's probably a WABC employee now if they added her to the opens. I tried looking for her bio on 7online but it looks like they've rearranged everything. They tried to (unsuccesfully) sort the bios by anchor and weathercaster team then the reporters and sports anchors look at first like they're in order of first name... but then they're not.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/newsteam

It seems to me that they have officially dropped the "7"(storm watch 7 etc..) branding and gone with "ALERT"(commuter alert, accuweather alert..) branding which seems over dramatic and unnecessary. Example: just now they did a Health ALERT and all the story was is how coffee can make you tired. I really don't think that's an "alert"

It seems to me that they have officially dropped the "7"(storm watch 7 etc..) branding and gone with "ALERT"(commuter alert, accuweather alert..) branding which seems over dramatic and unnecessary. Example: just now they did a Health ALERT and all the story was is how coffee can make you tired. I really don't think that's an "alert"

"Health Alert" has been a regular segment on the 11pm news for a few years now.

• 24994J pinned, unpinned, featured and unfeatured this topic