WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

I know I should probably post this in the classic video but there is a WABC element, as I can ask any of you here how long has Lucy Yang worked at WABC and before then at 'PVI (as this realization came fruition for me knowing her being at channel 7 for a long time)

check at 4:56

I have noticed that recently, when Sade is off, rather than having Bill or David fill in for her at 5pm, they have Joe Torres filling in much more than in the past. A few months ago, it was David, Bill or Lori filling in. Now it is more often Joe (or Lori). I wonder if this has anything to do with them trying to build another "Bill" for whenever Bill retires. Anyway, very interesting.

Amy did the weather forecasts for all the weekend newscasts and I noticed she was on at 12pm today.

She did this morning as well. Bill is on vacation. In fact, the morning newscast was all women this morning, Lori, Michele, Heather and Amy and I have to say, when they do this, they do a really good job!

http://instagram.com/p/jGxwK2kAdN/

I have noticed that recently, when Sade is off, rather than having Bill or David fill in for her at 5pm, they have Joe Torres filling in much more than in the past. A few months ago, it was David, Bill or Lori filling in. Now it is more often Joe (or Lori). I wonder if this has anything to do with them trying to build another "Bill" for whenever Bill retires. Anyway, very interesting.

She did this morning as well. Bill is on vacation. In fact, the morning newscast was all women this morning, Lori, Michele, Heather and Amy and I have to say, when they do this, they do a really good job!

http://instagram.com/p/jGxwK2kAdN/

Either that, or Joe got a few more weeknight appearances written into a recent contract.

Speaking of contract, does Sade have the most vacation time of any WABC anchor? She's off all the time.

Either that, or Joe got a few more weeknight appearances written into a recent contract.

Speaking of contract, does Sade have the most vacation time of any WABC anchor? She's off all the time.

I wonder if at least some of it might be medical. She was hit by a car while reporting in the field for WABC around 10 years ago. She has also posted on social media during several of her absences about being sick with one thing or another. So, who knows. Just speculating.

I wonder if at least some of it might be medical. She was hit by a car while reporting in the field for WABC around 10 years ago. She has also posted on social media during several of her absences about being sick with one thing or another. So, who knows. Just speculating.

I had wondered if it had anything to do with her accident but I didn't think it did. Maybe she just has a good agent lol.

I feel like Diana always brings this "freshness" to the 11pm news. I really wish she anchored more than just at 5pm.

Not sure if she's doing the 11 all week. Thought it would be Liz as she was doing the 11 all week last week, then thought it would be Joe since he did the 5 but guess he's just in for her at 5. By the way anyone know when Sade is coming back on air?

I feel like Diana always brings this "freshness" to the 11pm news. I really wish she anchored more than just at 5pm.

I wish she did more, too. Diana was great when she was the 6 & 11pm co-anchor years ago with Bill Beutel and later with Bill Ritter. She reportedly asked to move to the 5pm when the opportunity came up so she could be with her family more. Now that both kids are in college, maybe she'll do more.. Although once you get in the routine of being home and in bed at a normal time, you likely don't ask for your old hours back. There was some thought given to pairing her at noon with Lori Stokes back when Steve Bartelstein was fired. They eventually decided to keep things the same and give the noon co-anchor spot to Ken Rosato after he was named morning co-anchor.