WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

WABC brought in Diana and Bill to anchor coverage of the MTA train derailment.

They have been on since at least 10am.

I had them streaming and I had noticed that - was Bill working network/GMA yesterday morning? Because he joined about an hour into the coverage, replacing Toni Yates.

I gotta ask, why isn't there a talent open ( I think that's what you call it) for Eyewitness News at 11 while all the other EWNewscasts have all the anchors in the opening of all the other newscasts? I think that is just so odd to me and I really want to see that every night but that's me,

I gotta ask, why isn't there a talent open ( I think that's what you call it) for Eyewitness News at 11 while all the other EWNewscasts have all the anchors in the opening of all the other newscasts? I think that is just so odd to me and I really want to see that every night but that's me,

At 11 they want to get right to the news, not take the extra time to run a talent open.

At 11 they want to get right to the news, not take the extra time to run a talent open.

There is a talent open, you can find it on YouTube. But like BehindNYNews wrote, they seem to want to get straight to news at 11.

I see where they are coming from but I wish they didn't do that. It's a great opening but what can you do. Thank for the info.

[...] Jeff Smith appeared on World News with David Muir, and Lee Goldberg will be filling in as weather anchor on GMA Sunday.

I have a feeling this will be the case (pretty much) for the interim until a replacement for Ginger Zee is found.

What happens when Channel 7 doesn't think things through when introducing new graphic elements?

You can see if you tune in right now and watch as the God-awful rotating 7online/#EyewitnessNews bar covers up part of the school closing/delay ticker. What part does it cover? Oh the part saying if school is closed or delayed.

PS: who thought that #EyewitnessNews was something unique enough to use as the official Channel 7 hashtag? Anyone who's used it knows it gets lumped in with every other EWN in the country. Why not just make it #7online and make all the social media @7online since that's such a strong brand already?!

What happens when Channel 7 doesn't think things through when introducing new graphic elements?

You can see if you tune in right now and watch as the God-awful rotating 7online/#EyewitnessNews bar covers up part of the school closing/delay ticker. What part does it cover? Oh the part saying if school is closed or delayed.

PS: who thought that #EyewitnessNews was something unique enough to use as the official Channel 7 hashtag? Anyone who's used it knows it gets lumped in with every other EWN in the country. Why not just make it #7online and make all the social media @7online since that's such a strong brand already?!

Why try to promote a hashtag anyway? It's short-sighted social media strategy. If anything, put @ABC7NY there instead.

The web/hashtag bar is gone this morning to accomdate the school closings info. Too bad it likely won't be a permanent thing..

The hashtag is promotable - if it's unique. But I agree promoting @abc7ny would be a better at this point since #EyewitnessNews loops in every conversation from every station with the Eyewitness News name.

WABC has Lee in tonight doing weather along with Jeff, Rob is in for Joe. Rob is really making a case to become a lead anchor at some point...if ABC News doesn't scoop him up first.

Um... Rob Nelson just departed the ABC News national network in order to join WABC-TV's local Eyewitness News.

I definitely think we are seeing the start of something big for him at WABC-TV. He has carefully honed his skills over his career and is very much lead anchor material.

Um... Rob Nelson just departed the ABC News national network in order to join WABC-TV's local Eyewitness News.

I definitely think we are seeing the start of something big for him at WABC-TV. He has carefully honed his skills over his career and is very much lead anchor material.

Rob POWERS was subbing for Joe, not Nelson.

Um..Rob Powers.

• 2 weeks later...

Rob Powers and Sade anchoring the 4 today. Good chemistry between them.

On another note, the person doing the voiceovers for the promos sounds different.

Agreed.

There is no indication that we will soon but when Bill Ritter retires, I'd like David to replace Bill at 6 and Rob to replace Bill at 11.

Then you have...

Liz and David at 4&6

Diana and Sade at 5

Sade and Rob at 11

That's assuming Diana still doesn't want to do the 11.

-

On another note, I don't like whomever is doing these voice overs.

• 24994J pinned, unpinned, featured and unfeatured this topic