WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

A big difference I see between the two talent footages is that the old had more turn, while the new footage doesn't have much movement. Also, the ABC 7 logo seems to be a tiny bit bigger and to the right than before. I have comparing photos, which I will upload online in a few.

Too bad the bumber graphics still have the old ABC logo. Not sure what the point of spending all that money and time on refreshed opens if they weren't going to refresh the entire package. In my opinion, this was a huge waste.

The talent shots looked old and needed to be updated. I'm sure they will slowly change more from the old logo to the new logo.

A big difference I see between the two talent footages is that the old had more turn, while the new footage doesn't have much movement. Also, the ABC 7 logo seems to be a tiny bit bigger and to the right than before. I have comparing photos, which I will upload online in a few.

Here is what I mean.

16484860_7old.png.61680ca49cbba836dcf6bcfb138cec06.png

1823691002_7new.png.c9f2438e4e87fdfa164ef8b587536a43.png

The talent shots looked old and needed to be updated. I'm sure they will slowly change more from the old logo to the new logo.

To the average viewer, the talent opens look the same way today than they did yesterday. If they were going to update things, they should've given everything a refresh. Regardless of the opens needing a refresh or not, though, what I am talking about is brand consistency. They are still using two different logos on their newscasts. The daily "coming up" promos are also using the old logo. The "7" on the newsvan promos is still the old 3Dish "7" not the newer, flat shiny "7".... just some things they need to clean up.

Updated talent, but same graphics. I'm disappointed. However, I am happy that Lee is consistent!

Yeah, Lee is consistent through all the opens (same footage used). I wished though there would be a little more orange and yellow element; in other words more diverse color (like WLS's new GFX feature).

Nobody noticed that Bill Ritter and Rob Powers were wearing different shirt/tie combos in their single pics vs the group shot.

That seriously makes no sense...NONE! Lee learned to keep his clothes on, what gives?

Again they have talent in different shirts and ties. How does this happen? :p

In the old and new talent opens Liz Cho seems to be the only anchor showing a bit of cleavage. All the others women are covered up.

If you remember in the old 6pm into there was a bit a bra showing that they had to digitally edit out after the promo had debuted.

• 24994J pinned, unpinned, featured and unfeatured this topic