WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

There is just something about the WABC graphics that simply is not like the other stations. I don't know if its because I'm used to seeing them on the air all the time. Don't get me wrong their graphics are nice but I think they are a bit too oversized and thats the issue. They are too big and its not simple like the other O&Os like WLS has had their package for quite sometime and it works just right, they've also had the music for well over 15 years and its been working for them. Thats what WABC needs as well. Actually I think the Graphics that KTRK and WLS would suit WABC perfectly. I think those are the "Hothaus" graphics if I'm not mistaking. I think those graphics offer the best quality and are superb. But of course we are not gonna see that happening anytime soon. Not to say that the current grpahics are bad, but its just lacking that extra finesse that the other stations like WLS, KTRK and even WPVI have.

And I agree that 7online and Eyewitness News bar underneath the Circle 7 is terrible and poor quality at best. They never seem to get the Time and Temperature graphic right at all it always looks out of place and it just does not blend in at all.

There is just something about the WABC graphics that simply is not like the other stations. I don't know if its because I'm used to seeing them on the air all the time. Don't get me wrong their graphics are nice but I think they are a bit too oversized and thats the issue. They are too big and its not simple like the other O&Os like WLS has had their package for quite sometime and it works just right, they've also had the music for well over 15 years and its been working for them. Thats what WABC needs as well. Actually I think the Graphics that KTRK and WLS would suit WABC perfectly. I think those are the "Hothaus" graphics if I'm not mistaking. I think those graphics offer the best quality and are superb. But of course we are not gonna see that happening anytime soon. Not to say that the current grpahics are bad, but its just lacking that extra finesse that the other stations like WLS, KTRK and even WPVI have.

And I agree that 7online and Eyewitness News bar underneath the Circle 7 is terrible and poor quality at best. They never seem to get the Time and Temperature graphic right at all it always looks out of place and it just does not blend in at all.

You must not have hear the news about WLS then. The old music and graphics are gone.

Considering that WABC has added new animated transitions to its current graphics package in the last couple of weeks I was not expecting them to change the package.

I noticed they are using a new fast transition graphic with very annoying loud sound effects. Some of them are to fast for me and the sound effects are to loud and not needed.

The one at the start and 6 seconds almost sounds like the FOX News Alert sound effect.

Considering that WABC has added new animated transitions to its current graphics package in the last couple of weeks I was not expecting them to change the package.

I noticed they are using a new fast transition graphic with very annoying loud sound effects. Some of them are to fast for me and the sound effects are to loud and not needed.

The one at the start and 6 seconds almost sounds like the FOX News Alert sound effect.

Eww.

Everything is new at 11.

Everything is new at 11.

Is that really necessary? WLS does the same thing, only they use a louder swoosh sfx. New at 10, New at 4, New at 5, New at 6, New This Morning, etc. etc. It's like they want every graphic to fly at a person's face. It's very uncalled for. It's the same as showing the Breaking news graphic, especially when there's no breaking news. Talk about overkill.

That open is a nice refresh! Did they redo Charlie's v/o a little or is it just me? The new flat ABC logo is kinda off with the overall appearance in my opinion. I think there is more blue than before and I think there is a little too much of it in there! I wanted WABC to update it with a little variety of colors like WLS with more orange and yellow. But change is always needed and we got it in a littler way!

The 5 & 11 producer posted on Twitter that all the newscasts will debut their new opens tomorrow. And I went over both opens- the current one and the new one- and the voiceover is the same.

I knew it was me. The 11 opens had not been talent opens for months, so it sounded different at first. Confirmed for tomorrow, so I'll record and post them for 4, 5 and 6.

• 24994J pinned, unpinned, featured and unfeatured this topic