WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

Just a general FYI -

For those of you who were wondering - the new graphics (chyrons/OTS/bug) have already been seen. They are the ones that have been used in all of the debates that have been on WABC these past few weeks.

New opens/music will debut for November sweeps.

Remember, this guy's been inaccurate before, so just file the info away and wait patiently.

Funny...

If you go back through the posts - to many years ago - I told everyone that WABC was going to build a street-level studio where The Disney Store once was. Everyone doubted me... and where are they now?

Ya know, things change - ideas float around..

Just saying.

Funny...

If you go back through the posts - to many years ago - I told everyone that WABC was going to build a street-level studio where The Disney Store once was. Everyone doubted me... and where are they now?

Just saying.

I think thats the biggest thing, "things change." They may have Plan A one day, you tell us and then they go with Plan B and I understand that. I want you to know that I do really appreciate your insight and information.

Just a general FYI -

For those of you who were wondering - the new graphics (chyrons/OTS/bug) have already been seen. They are the ones that have been used in all of the debates that have been on WABC these past few weeks.

New opens/music will debut for November sweeps.

Any idea if a new website design comes with it or is in the works {praying} :D.

I never questioned your authority or knowledge (or didn't mean to anyway), I am just questioning how the new graphics could be the debate graphics which are so similar to the current package. The font, the shape- everything.

I get that things change constantly, but I really just find it hard to believe that new graphics aren't really a change at all.

I never questioned your authority or knowledge (or didn't mean to anyway), I am just questioning how the new graphics could be the debate graphics which are so similar to the current package. The font, the shape- everything.

I get that things change constantly, but I really just find it hard to believe that new graphics aren't really a change at all.

I personally don't think the debate graphics look much like the current but we shall see in I guess the next [2-3?] weeks.

If you look closely, the red part of the debate graphics (which displayed the person's name) looks like the "tab" which is on the upper left of the lower thirds, which says "breaking news" or on weekends, it displays the date during the headline open... and the blue part of the debate graphics (which says the person's title or organization) is also a tab format from the current package- the blue one actually looks like the graphic they use in the lower left when the video says "courtesy NBC Sports" for a sports report or something... and another thing is that the fonts are exactly the same.

If you look closely, the red part of the debate graphics (which displayed the person's name) looks like the "tab" which is on the upper left of the lower thirds, which says "breaking news" or on weekends, it displays the date during the headline open... and the blue part of the debate graphics (which says the person's title or organization) is also a tab format from the current package- the blue one actually looks like the graphic they use in the lower left when the video says "courtesy NBC Sports" for a sports report or something... and another thing is that the fonts are exactly the same.

I guess its has some similarities but who said that it wasn't going to be similar? New can be similar...

I found this a little funny. Some woman shouted "Bubba Bluey" or something weird right behind NJ Burkett in a live shot at 5:00 about Long Beach's opening boardwalk. I recorded it, and here it is. Enjoy!

Oh so we're back to this Opie & Anthony crap again..... I don't find any of that funny.

Baba Booey is a Howard Stern thing.

If you're going to cite a crappy shock jock act, cite the right one. :p

Well I don't give a damn because I don't listen to either one.

I only reference the other, only to mean some dumbo wants to chant while a reporter is doing a liveshot.

From Patrick Becker (WABC Morning News Producer): "@Ny_NewsObserver we updated our graphics not long ago so they're not changing. Talent opens are 2+ years old and an update is long overdue."

In another tweet to @Ny_NewsObserver, he said: ""soon" [talking about the opens] sounds about right. It's a very busy couple of weeks around the newsroom for us.."

So no new graphics and the opens should be coming soon.

I also tweeted him and asked about a new website and received: "also overdue and in the works. Saw a preview of new design last month. It's going to be a major improvement"

Very exciting!

I knew once they added the ugly rotating 7online / #EyewitnessNews bar that there would be no graphics update... Why add something new to package unless you plan on sticking with it for a while longer? It's too bad they won't opt for a cleaner look. The giant, oversized, cumbersome graphics really do not go well with the slick opens and modern set.

On another note, WABC seems to pick and choose when it will update its entire look vs just updating some elements. The 2011 and 2008 updates included new opens and new graphics. Way back in 1999, the music, opens, and bumper graphics changed but the main graphics stayed the same. Between 1999 and 2008, the opens changed several times while the graphics only changed once.

Funny...

Just saying.

Well, either there's a morning show producer who is somehow way out of the loop or the entire package was canceled and the Men in Black zapped everyone's mind.

:rolleyes:

• 24994J pinned, unpinned, featured and unfeatured this topic