WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

A possible leak of new graphics tonight at 11. It had a different lower third on the live shot and then it was partially covered by the current lower third.

I wish I got a photo but I was taking it in so quickly I didn't think of it fast enough. If someone wants to DVR the rerun of the news at 11, it happened pretty early in the newscast.

Hopefully the new opens/graphics etc.. will debut soon.

Did anyone else see the new open for the 5pm news today? They didn't use the regular talent open- they started showing the coming stories, with headlines in the middle of the screen, and the Voiceover announced it- "Now, on Eyewitness News, *story1* *story2* Now, Eyewitness News at 5... And the show opened

Haven't seen this happen again.. Maybe it was a test of a new format?

Here is a fun new promo for Eyewitness News This Morning. Note not only does the commercial have Heather, it is basically promoting Bill and Her. I love it and am glad she is getting in the commercials and ID's now.

To me its just like the old "7 Minutes" commercials just with a new song. I like it a lot.

WABC added a telestrator to their helicopter. Shannon called it Skywriter 7.

They added that about a month ago- all three chopper reporters have been using it and calling it "SkyWriter 7." They use it to point out specifics in a wide pan shot- like to draw attention to a specific car in an accident, etc.

All of the ABC O&Os, including WABC, have updated their website video systems, to the same system as their recently updated live streams. Story videos are now in HD, and have closed captioning built in to the player, and can be enabled by clicking on the dialogue box on the lower panel of the video box.

• 24994J pinned, unpinned, featured and unfeatured this topic