WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

It is likely part of a new graphics package, which we have been expecting for about a month now... looks just like the KABC graphic below the bug

BU9AtQ_CcAAMHlg.jpg

Am I the only person that thinks it's awfully pretentious to promote the website only as '7online' and not '7online.com'? Why don't they do something like '7on.line' or some crap like that?

If they put everything under "7online", shouldn't their hashtag be "#7online" instead of "#EyewitnessNews"?

If they put everything under "7online", shouldn't their hashtag be "#7online" instead of "#EyewitnessNews"?

"#EyewitnessNews"... Yeah. Totally propiety to WABC. KYW uses... Oh yeah. EyewitnessNews too.

And wouldn't searching for "7online" on Facebook and Twitter easily direct to their pages?

No.

7online? Seriously??? Why not ABC7ny.com? Oh wait! They own that... That makes far more sense. (@ABC7NY #ABC7NY, What's the big deal?! Better Branding)

I think they chose 7Online for those people who were not familiar with computers to access their website on a computer. Makes no sense!

"#EyewitnessNews"... Yeah. Totally propiety to WABC. KYW uses... Oh yeah. EyewitnessNews too.

7online? Seriously??? Why not ABC7ny.com? Oh wait! They own that... That makes far more sense. (@ABC7NY #ABC7NY, What's the big deal?! Better Branding)

I think they chose 7Online for those people who were not familiar with computers to access their website on a computer. Makes no sense!

WABC has a ways to go in social media and website-wise. WCBS and WNBC are way ahead.

They should've grabbed ABC7.COM before KABC did, but then again KABC has consistently branded themselves as ABC7 since the 90s, while WABC has used that branding sparingly.

They've been 7online.com forever. While some stations change their URLs every few years, ABC 7 has kept theirs. There's something to be said for consistency.

7online is also a lot easier for an average viewer to remember than ABC7ny... Same reason why they prefer to use Channel 7 over ABC7.

You guys hit the nail on the head. As for using Channel 7 over ABC7, it's also more relatable for viewers. Puts the emphasis on the channel and not the network branding. Less corporate, more personal.

That said, they do need to work on brand consistency on social media.

Looks like Scott Clark is in New York, Diana Williams posted a picture of her and him on twitter. pic.twitter.com/7y3FSeSm88

Drop the TV and Channel. Now it becomes "WABC 7 - Eyewitness News". I think that sounds sharp.

I think dropping the Channel part would be very stupid as that is part of there main brand. If anything get rid of WABC-TV and just have Channel 7 Eyewitness News.

• 24994J pinned, unpinned, featured and unfeatured this topic