WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

The WABC on screen bug is back to the old glossy ABC logo this morning... I can't imagine why they would revert- the weather graphics still use the new logo: PIC: http://twitter.com/NYNewser/status/380644898631712768/photo/1

It's like that now at noon as well. I doubt they are going back so maybe a glitch or mistake, we will see what sticks...

It is likely part of a new graphics package, which we have been expecting for about a month now... looks just like the KABC graphic below the bug

BU9AtQ_CcAAMHlg.jpg

That bug is distracting and looks terrible on WCBS.

WABC actually found a way to make their's even worse. Very unnecessary.

That bug is distracting and looks terrible on WCBS.

WABC actually found a way to make their's even worse. Very unnecessary.

I find that it is unnecessary but it is definitely not worse than the WCBS social graphic. That one is very hard to see, and it changes way too quickly. This one is somewhat similar to the KABC and WNBC social graphic.

No new graphics during the 2:59 teaser for First @ 4:00... So likely not today. Maybe next Monday.

Hey "nynewsguy" - what happened to the new look this weekend?

Just a reminder that nynewsguy has a bit of a history of talking about things that didn't happen/never existed. He perpetuated the rumors of the "Superset" in posts now deleted (but referenced by others) and then later claimed the WABC flashcam RP backdrop was chroma-key which he insisted before being proven wrong.

When reading his posts, be sure to take them with a rather large grain of salt.

Am I the only person that thinks it's awfully pretentious to promote the website only as '7online' and not '7online.com'? Why don't they do something like '7on.line' or some crap like that?

I think the thinking here is that their online presence is more than just a website but also includes the mobile apps.

I find that it is unnecessary but it is definitely not worse than the WCBS social graphic. That one is very hard to see, and it changes way too quickly. This one is somewhat similar to the KABC and WNBC social graphic.

I agree WCBS' is small and too quick however that can be fixed and to looks more natural with the gfx package. WABC's looks cheap and the abc7 bug looks squeezed I'm between the upper and lower tickers. Poorly done.

Am I the only person that thinks it's awfully pretentious to promote the website only as '7online' and not '7online.com'? Why don't they do something like '7on.line' or some crap like that?

7online.com has been around for a while, so I think the assumption is that, by now, viewers know the website. Even if someone didn't put two and two together, they could Google "7online," and the first result would be WABC's website.

Just a reminder that nynewsguy has a bit of a history of talking about things that didn't happen/never existed. He perpetuated the rumors of the "Superset" in posts now deleted (but referenced by others) and then later claimed the WABC flashcam RP backdrop was chroma-key which he insisted before being proven wrong.

When reading his posts, be sure to take them with a rather large grain of salt.

Despite him being right or wrong in previous posts, we do know for sure that at the very least some updated opens are coming because of the social media posts by some WABC anchors. Given WABC's history, new opens also mean some update to the graphics although I don't believe there will be some earth-shattering graphic change.

Because if you type in 7online into most smart phone and desktop web browsers it will automatically re-direct you to 7online.com. If it doesn't, it directs you to the default search engine results which will just point you to 7online.com ... so, add the .com if all you really need to do is type "7online" ?

A circle sandwiched between two bars is just horrible. If they really want to do that, they should move the time/temp bar below the circle also.

That's what KABC did- and their graphics are widely accepted as extremely well designed. I just think that the swivel animation is totally unnecessary- the text within the box should change within the box, like WNBC and KABC.

Did anyone else see the new open for the 5pm news today? They didn't use the regular talent open- they started showing the coming stories, with headlines in the middle of the screen, and the Voiceover announced it- "Now, on Eyewitness News, *story1* *story2* Now, Eyewitness News at 5... And the show opened

• 24994J pinned, unpinned, featured and unfeatured this topic