WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

cpuldn't they mean a new website? With the redesign of ABCNews.com, their could be a redesign of 7online in the works

That's a possibility, but is dependent on the ABC O&O tech hub in Fresno, CA. We do know that updated talent opens are coming based on several social media posts from a few EWN anchors this past summer.

I think the fact that it is taking this long to push out the new talent opens means that it is more than just a replacement of the open shots (and ABC logo). ... It has been about a month since those new opens were shot, so I believe they must be holding off because of a new graphics package

I think the fact that it is taking this long to push out the new talent opens means that it is more than just a replacement of the open shots (and ABC logo). ... It has been about a month since those new opens were shot, so I believe they must be holding off because of a new graphics package

They might not be holding off; they may just have a date in mind. For example, they've debuted things in the past around the time of the start of a new television season, which is later this month. There was no indication that they planned to utilize new opens as soon as they were ready.

That being said, let's remember that all of this is wild speculation based on two words -- "new look" -- in the post of another poster on this thread.

Channel 7 will produce a rare one hour prime time 10pm edition of Eyewitness News on Tuesday night for the local political primary results. It'll be followed by the regular edition of Eyewitness News at 11.

Earlier Tuesday evening, ABC News will carry the President's live address to the nation.

A busy night of news for WABC-TV.

Channel 7 will produce a rare one hour prime time 10pm edition of Eyewitness News on Tuesday night for the local political primary results. It'll be followed by the regular edition of Eyewitness News at 11.

Earlier Tuesday evening, ABC News will carry the President's live address to the nation.

They also are going to air that 20/20 special at 9pm, an hour before most of country see it, pre-empting that special Bachelor crap to after 2am in the morning (GOOD!!) or later depending on how long their election coverage last. And they still have to air Kimmel & Nightline (in its entirety). I hope the special goes longer than 11:35pm.

Joe Nolan is back in the mornings......for this week only. He's filling in for Heather O'Rourke while she's on vacation.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151663847494091&set=a.10150159356494091.298144.31160214090&type=1&theater

You know, after watching Heather these past 8 months and having Joe back for the week, I have to say, I think both are great but I think Heather does just as well "bantering" or whatever you wanna call it with the team as Joe does. I think Heather is just a little more "fresh" in the morning. I really hope they aren't gonna try to put Joe back, I love watching him but I have really come to enjoy Heather in the mornings. And if you look at Lori, Ken, Bill and Heather's twitter pages, they clearly have a blast on and off the camera.

Are WCBS and WNBC doing it this year as well? I assume so but haven't seen any commercials on it like WABC is running now.

You know, after watching Heather these past 8 months and having Joe back for the week, I have to say, I think both are great but I think Heather does just as well "bantering" or whatever you wanna call it with the team as Joe does. I think Heather is just a little more "fresh" in the morning. I really hope they aren't gonna try to put Joe back, I love watching him but I have really come to enjoy Heather in the mornings. And if you look at Lori, Ken, Bill and Heather's twitter pages, they clearly have a blast on and off the camera.

Are WCBS and WNBC doing it this year as well? I assume so but haven't seen any commercials on it like WABC is running now.

WCBS is doing the same thing at 10pm.

Wondering if the "new look" will happen the week of 9/23, when ABC debuts the fall season.

Well, ABC isn't going with their usual 4th week of September total roll-out of their shows. DWTS and Shark Tank both premiere this coming week (9/16 & 9/20, respectively), so...

Is there any type of ABC network rule that if network programming is preempted by local programming it can't be broadcast on the stations sub channels?

WCBS airs CBS network programming on WLNY. WNBC airs NBC network programming on 4.2.

WABC seems to never air network programming on 7.2 when WABC is preempting network programming.

Is there any type of ABC network rule that if network programming is preempted by local programming it can't be broadcast on the stations sub channels?

WCBS airs CBS network programming on WLNY. WNBC airs NBC network programming on 4.2.

WABC seems to never air network programming on 7.2 when WABC is preempting network programming.

Usually WABC airs the network programming on the Live Well Network when the network is preempted... I know they do for FiOS, but I can't speak for over the air.

I know in Chicago WLS just dumps everything into late night, and occasionally on like slow Saturday afternoons. I'd guess other ABC O&O's do the same.

• 24994J pinned, unpinned, featured and unfeatured this topic