WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

A reminder, since College Football starts back up today, so they're having the early news on at (or after) 7pm (depending on when the 3:30 game ends). I wouldn't hold my breath, should this "new look" doesn't get implemented today. But Saturdays have had a track record of new looks implementing on that day of the week. So its possible.

A reminder, since College Football starts back up today, so they're having the early news on at (or after) 7pm (depending on when the 3:30 game ends). I wouldn't hold my breath, should this "new look" doesn't get implemented today. But Saturdays have had a track record of new looks implementing on that day of the week. So its possible.

What about the 11pm news? It is supposed to come on at 11:30... Have they ever done a late debut?

What about the 11pm news? It is supposed to come on at 11:30... Have they ever done a late debut?

I don't think they ever did a gfx change during the late evening newscasts. May 2008 graphics changed happened at 6pm. So if they want to do a graphics change on a Saturday, they'll just do it on the first news smoking. And that 11:30 is a tentative time, since Saturday Night College Football games tend to go even later. So get used to the 35 minute late Saturday Night news until November.

I know people have said it before and I know it'll never be permenant but I really like Lori Stokes and Diana Williams anchoring together. I think they work really well and have good chemistry

Agreed. Lori should be the 5pm anchor along with Diana. Perfect chemistry and you can tell Diana likes working with Lori a lot!

Bill and Sade work well together at 11pm so no change there; or make Sade the morning anchor, but it'll probably never happen.

My money is on them debuting on a Monday. Since at least 1999, new music and graphics have debuted on Mondays on WABC and sometimes not until the evening newscasts.

The only time I recall them debuting something on a weekend was the current street level studio.

Weren't the 2008 graphics unveiled on the weekend?

I don't think they ever did a gfx change during the late evening newscasts. May 2008 graphics changed happened at 6pm. So if they want to do a graphics change on a Saturday, they'll just do it on the first news smoking. And that 11:30 is a tentative time, since Saturday Night College Football games tend to go even later. So get used to the 35 minute late Saturday Night news until November.

What Did I say yesterday??!!! Click on that link. May 24, 2008. That was on a Saturday. So with that May 2008 graphics change, and that implementation of the new streetside studio, both occasions happened on a Saturday.

Now could we break the trend tomorrow? This has nothing to do with this topic but Kelly & Michael start their new season tomorrow at 9am, could a new graphic change for EWN come on Labor Day?!! I wouldn't hold my breath if it doesn't happen tomorrow. In fact about it, I don't see any issue with the graphics they already have. However, we were promised a new open with the new ABC logo this month, so I'm thinking it might be just that, and nothing else.

It doesn't really matter if it is Labor Day in this case... especially if WABC thinks it is a good idea to start the new season of Kelly & Michael. And as someone said earlier, new opens aren't really a "new look to Eyewitness News." A new look would either mean new set or new graphics, and we know it obviously won't be a set. Graphics fall right in the middle- new look, but not a radical change.

We weren't promised it... no offense is intended at all, but wabceyewitness doesn't work for WABC, and whether or not a source from the station can back that claim up is not important. My point, and the point of several others, is that a "new look" is bigger than simply new opens. New opens would go by without a big fuss. New opens would only include the new ABC logo and updated shots of the anchors.

We weren't promised it... no offense is intended at all, but wabceyewitness doesn't work for WABC, and whether or not a source from the station can back that claim up is not important. My point, and the point of several others, is that a "new look" is bigger than simply new opens. New opens would go by without a big fuss. New opens would only include the new ABC logo and updated shots of the anchors.

Agreed, and no offense taken at all, although "nynewsguy" does seem to work for some entity of ABC. In any case, only thing I'm thinking it is at this point is updated opens and maybe modified graphics. I doubt the graphics (if changed) will be much of leap from what we're currently seeing. And I highly doubt the music will change at all.

Agreed, and no offense taken at all, although "nynewsguy" does seem to work for some entity of ABC. In any case, only thing I'm thinking it is at this point is updated opens and maybe modified graphics. I doubt the graphics (if changed) will be much of leap from what we're currently seeing. And I highly doubt the music will change at all.

Now that is something I agree with. WABC never seems to change anything leaps and bounds, so a subtle, but noticeable change is likely. It is two years since the debut of the current graphics, and the previous ones were in commission for three, but that is always flexible, especially in the New York market. And this is WABC's "prime" time for changes, so changes are definitely in order. We'll see either tomorrow or in the coming days.

No new graphics during the 2:59 teaser for First @ 4:00... So likely not today. Maybe next Monday.

Hey "nynewsguy" - what happened to the new look this weekend?

Many of the teasers still use the graphics from the previous graphics package, not even the current one... So that may not be an indication..

Many of the teasers still use the graphics from the previous graphics package, not even the current one... So that may not be an indication..

I'm talking about the live tease that uses lower thirds.. If it were happening today, they would've used it for the live teases, not wait until 4pm to switch over completely.

• 24994J pinned, unpinned, featured and unfeatured this topic