WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

Rob Powers is doing the news headlines on GMA Saturday.

Interesting. ABC News doesn't usually "call up" from stations (except maybe to find a weather anchor on GMA if Sam and Ginger are both out). He anchored World News Now not too long ago, too. Either his agent is good or ABC News brass likes him.

DIsney/ABC Television will go through an additional round of layoffs and will not fill many open positions. A majority of these budget cuts will happen at the ABC Owned Station. If nobody was hired yet, it may remain unfilled for a while unless WABC makes enough cuts on the operations/sales side.

On last night's 6pm news, the headlines video had odd backgrounds to them-- one with two ABC7 logos spinning and flashing on the side of the video and another with NewsCopter7 flying behind the video. Looked very weird and cheap.. Almost like those flashing state fair/carnival lights.

On last night's 6pm news, the headlines video had odd backgrounds to them-- one with two ABC7 logos spinning and flashing on the side of the video and another with NewsCopter7 flying behind the video. Looked very weird and cheap.. Almost like those flashing state fair/carnival lights.

Yeah I saw that on First at 4.. I agree with what you said.

Get ready for a new look to Eyewitness News.

this coming weekend.

No matter how much you know, I realize you can't say anything specific (and I understand if this is even too much to ask), but I do have one simple yes or no question...will anything seem familiar?

I'm assuming it's new talent opens and graphics. Hope the music doesn't change too much.. It's 14 years old this month and still great news music.

I agree with everything but an update to the music could be nice. I would love if they went back to ABC7 Eyewitness News instead of channel 7.

I'm assuming it's new talent opens and graphics. Hope the music doesn't change too much.. It's 14 years old this month and still great news music.

I hope that ain't that case either. I refuse to hear WABC using the new version KABC is currently using.

I agree with everything but an update to the music could be nice. I would love if they went back to ABC7 Eyewitness News instead of channel 7.

They dropped "abc7" because they found viewers ID better with "channel 7".. The average Joe almost never will say "abc7"..

"Channel 7 Eyewitness News" is a far better brand, and a brand most folks can relate to. And the brand shows that they care about the locality of a brand, instead of placing a corporate stamp on it, despite being the network's flagship station. Do they even used "ABC 7" for programming promos or they also used "channel 7"? The only consistent solution would be keep the "ABC 7" logo in tack, and just call it "Channel 7" for the overall branding, not just for news. But do you think those suits from around the corner is going to hear that?

I hope that ain't that case either. I refuse to hear WABC using the new version KABC is currently using.

"Channel 7 Eyewitness News" is a far better brand, and a brand most folks can relate to. And the brand shows that they care about the locality of a brand, instead of placing a corporate stamp on it, despite being the network's flagship station. Do they even used "ABC 7" for programming promos or they also used "channel 7"? The only consistent solution would be keep the "ABC 7" logo in tack, and just call it "Channel 7" for the overall branding, not just for news. But do you think those suits from around the corner is going to hear that?

They use ABC7 for all non-news related promos... anything news related gets the Channel 7 brand.

I know people have said it before and I know it'll never be permenant but I really like Lori Stokes and Diana Williams anchoring together. I think they work really well and have good chemistry

That's not at all surprising. Both Lori and Diana are the kind of (now rare) talents that have instant chemistry with anyone and make whoever they anchor with look good.

I know people have said it before and I know it'll never be permenant but I really like Lori Stokes and Diana Williams anchoring together. I think they work really well and have good chemistry

Agreed. I always thought they should be the 5pm team. I would miss Lori in the AM but I think Michelle Charlesworth could easily fill that spot.

Did anyone see the new graphic pop up at the end of Eyewitness News at Noon today? Right after the anchors signed off, a new graphic came up that had the director name, etc, but immediately came down and the copyright showed up

That shows up sometime when they have a little extra time left at noon.

• 24994J pinned, unpinned, featured and unfeatured this topic