WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

• 3 weeks later...

Opps! WABC aired parts of WNBC's newscast this morning.

http://www.mediabist...newscast_b68756

Sounds like an issue in the control room.

thats pretty funny lol..Another thing kind of like this only not as noticeable..I'm not sure if they're still airing it but WCBS was airing a commercial saying to donate with the red cross..It's filmed somewhere in the newsroom and you cans see on a TV on the top middle in the background and it has Dave Price and Rosanna Scotto from Channel 5 doing part of the newscast..someone pointed it out to me and you have to look really closely.

thats pretty funny lol..Another thing kind of like this only not as noticeable..I'm not sure if they're still airing it but WCBS was airing a commercial saying to donate with the red cross..It's filmed somewhere in the newsroom and you cans see on a TV on the top middle in the background and it has Dave Price and Rosanna Scotto from Channel 5 doing part of the newscast..someone pointed it out to me and you have to look really closely.

Usually in most newsrooms and control rooms, all local stations (including some cable channels) have their own monitor.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Sade Baderinwa is off / out a lot lately. Hopefully she's just banking out on some paid days and not something wrong.

@SadeABC: Hi guys! Over the flu. Now healing from minor surgery. It's been rough! Appreciate the support. Should be back soon. Looking forward to it!

WABC has been making much better use of the studio since November.

They now use the video wall behind the desk regularly to display graphics.

Anchors do more stand ups from the interview area and other parts of the studio.

They also make use of the touch screen on the wall.

I also noticed a few months ago for the firs time in years they actually did an interview from the interview area on the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I just seen the live stream of WABC's newscast just now and during their 6pm show. When did they start using that customized KABC Breaking News cue for their special "Breaking News" news open? The cue, which they attached the WABC EWN Logo at the beginning. That is very tight.

I didn't get to watch EWN at 6 tonight but was it the Breaking News open as seen in this EWN video at :29?

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=resources/tv_listings&id=9102311

I didn't get to watch EWN at 6 tonight but was it the Breaking News open as seen in this EWN video at :29?

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=resources/tv_listings&id=9102311

No it was a different one. That cue with the one you're talking about is one of those 5 second tag from another theme Series 1. This one was a different one. It was aired at the start of the 6pm open with Charlie Van Dyke stating "This is Breaking News from Channel 7 Eyewitness News" or something along those lines and then they showed what happened in Oklahoma. The cue begins with the WABC Melody, and then you'll hear that

. It's like someone smack-dab that melody on there. This obviously had to be customized.

They played that open twice, on the 6pm & the 11pm. I missed the open on the 11pm because I saw the stream too late to see it. When I saw it at six, I didn't even notice the vamp part because it was played kind of quietly, until like the 10 secs. into it and then I noticed it.

On a different note, when I saw the Sunday morning 9am broadcast online, I was shocked that they got rid of the Series 1 bumper they used to play all the time on the weekends. When did they stop playing that bumper? Was it when they moved to new studio?

No it was a different one. That cue with the one you're talking about is one of those 5 second tag from another theme Series 1. This one was a different one. It was aired at the start of the 6pm open with Charlie Van Dyke stating "This is Breaking News from Channel 7 Eyewitness News" or something along those lines and then they showed what happened in Oklahoma. The cue begins with the WABC Melody' date=' and then you'll hear that
. It's like someone smack-dab that melody on there. This obviously had to be customized.

I just saw it for the start of EWN at 5. It has this look [see below] and says "This is breaking news from Channel 7 Eyewitness News." Certainly has a sound of KABC.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151467784564091&set=pb.31160214090.-2207520000.1369170329.&type=3&theater

I expect they will use it for either or both the 5:30 and 6 open, I will try to record it.

I just saw it for the start of EWN at 5. It has this look [see below] and says "This is breaking news from Channel 7 Eyewitness News." Certainly has a sound of KABC.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151467784564091&set=pb.31160214090.-2207520000.1369170329.&type=3&theater

I expect they will use it for either or both the 5:30 and 6 open, I will try to record it.

I captured the audio of the breaking news open. I captured it as they were finishing airing that police press conference. I knew they were going to air it because of that story and the developments of the Tornado in OK area. That breaking new cue has been used on KABC for god knows how long. Even after they used the NG1 theme in 2006.

I captured the audio of the breaking news open. I captured it as they were finishing airing that police press conference. I knew they were going to air it because of that story and the developments of the Tornado in OK area. That breaking news cues has been used on KABC for god knows how long. Even after they used the NG1 theme in 2006.

Eww.

• 24994J pinned, unpinned, featured and unfeatured this topic