WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

Im curious as to what open did they use for Mornings@10 and also is it the same cut?

Hasn't been posted to YouTube yet and when I watch it on the streaming platforms (YouTube TV), seems to be cut out. 

Still in awe that these are the graphics that WABC is using, so incredibly refreshing. 

5 hours ago, Vlad said:

Im curious as to what open did they use for Mornings@10 and also is it the same cut?

Hasn't been posted to YouTube yet and when I watch it on the streaming platforms (YouTube TV), seems to be cut out. 

Still in awe that these are the graphics that WABC is using, so incredibly refreshing. 

Yes, they kept the same. The background landscape also remains the same.

vlcsnap-2024-01-16-18h04m55s730.thumb.png.c31abfb85c169ee26fd876d424a7a1b5.pngvlcsnap-2024-01-16-18h05m20s147.thumb.png.5a92bb5a5d44188fadb07bf3155bcb1e.pngvlcsnap-2024-01-16-18h05m44s073.thumb.png.91d0afb5dd62ebfa11a661fd51b5db73.png

vlcsnap-2024-01-16-18h04m31s077.png

• Like 1

Look, I thought the complaining about the old package was a bit much over a lot of nothing. I don't think it was ever as terrible as claimed. 

This is a very slick package. We'll probably see it replaced in 6-7 years as is general timeline. (Even this package lasted longer than most of them have.) 

• Like 3

yeah - the talent opens aren't that good. The transitions don't match the music and it's too busy / crowded. Why WABC insists on holding onto them I'll never know. They did the same thing with their 2012 package, butcher a good open by cramming talent shots into the open.

The noon open debuted (first time watching this week) officially with David Sandra and Brittany.. question for the 5am opening are they using one with Mike Shirleen and Brittany or are they still using generic? 

49 minutes ago, RealNews18 said:

The noon open debuted (first time watching this week) officially with David Sandra and Brittany.. question for the 5am opening are they using one with Mike Shirleen and Brittany or are they still using generic? 

They're still using the generic one
I'm assume it's because Sam is off this week

3 hours ago, Muppetman03 said:

They're still using the generic one
I'm assume it's because Sam is off this week

Right but Brittany does the 4:30-6 part of the show so I wasn’t sure if they’d have 2 diff talent opens for the morning show

1 hour ago, FiveNews said:

KFSN has had the best implementation of talent opens with the new O&O graphics.

Does anyone have a video link?

I actually like the talent stings for EWN@10am. They’re dynamic without the chaos.

3 hours ago, MorningNews said:

Does anyone have a video link?

I actually like the talent stings for EWN@10am. They’re dynamic without the chaos.

agree - the 10am talents are great and not cluttered 

Edited by wabceyewitness

On 1/15/2024 at 4:04 PM, wabceyewitness said:

Sade is back on air today, filling in for Liz right now on the 4pm news.  Lee gave her a quick welcome back at the top of the show as she tossed to him for a report on the upcoming storm. 

Weird that she wasn't on at 11pm on the 15th and off for the entirety of the 16th. Though she wasn't on the 17th at 5pm she was at 11pm. First time I think since November Bill and Sade have been on together. Bill seemed very happy to have her back in the closing seconds of the 11pm broadcast.

Liz also has been a bit sporadic with appearances as well.

• Like 2

On 1/16/2024 at 8:09 PM, atlnews2 said:

yeah - the talent opens aren't that good. The transitions don't match the music and it's too busy / crowded. Why WABC insists on holding onto them I'll never know. They did the same thing with their 2012 package, butcher a good open by cramming talent shots into the open.

On 1/17/2024 at 11:00 AM, mountainave said:

The talent openings and transitions are too boxy for me (see @TheNewsTV's screenshots above),  but overall seems like a nice dynamic update. 

At the very least, I like that talent opens still exist. It allows anchors to own their slot rather than being interchangeable.

They're also more grand than the boring two second opens we get on stations like WNBC. 

Overall, the new ABC O&O package isn't the best BUT it's better than anything WABC has had in decades and I'm just greatful for that. 

I enjoy their use of gradient blue L3 rather than the over proliferated paper white box look. 

Edited by MediaZone4K
  • Like 3

Looks like Sade will be off for a bit. At the end of the 11pm news, she said she "won't be seeing you for a while" and Bill replied "you've got some knee surgery coming up". Hope she has a quick recovery.

Sade also sounded ill a couple nights ago. 

Also, we seem to have acquired Phil Taitt from News 12 for morning reports. Considering they've been short a morning person since Derrick Waller understandably walked away, I'm guessing he's the replacement. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, mountainave said:

Sade shared she's having knee surgery and will be out for an extended period of time

Yeah she's a class act, we barely saw her this year with her other illnesses, just goes to show the fragility of life. Hope she gets a speedy recovery, knee surgery is no joke, depending on the type of surgery she's having..