WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

46 minutes ago, TheNewsTV said:

I don't understand why they don't put David or Liz on at 11pm when Sade isn't there.

Maybe they simply just don't want to. I remember, Liz specifically left the 11pm because she no longer wanted to work that late anymore which is why Sade has taken over that role back in 2011. I can easilly see mike being Ritter's successor. 

Edited by Vlad

47 minutes ago, Muppetman03 said:

Shirleen is hosting the show alone this morning

Has this happened before?

Edit: Nvm Janice Yu came in at 5:30

Must have been a last minute call out. Mike must be sick. Channel 7 almost never has one anchor alone on newscasts longer than 30 minutes...except for weekend evenings. They usually don't have anyone fill in for Joe or Sandra when they're off for some reason. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustinH said:

Must have been a last minute call out. Mike must be sick. Channel 7 almost never has one anchor alone on newscasts longer than 30 minutes...except for weekend evenings. They usually don't have anyone fill in for Joe or Sandra when they're off for some reason. 

They also appear to be short handed this week. It seems as if everyone but Liz was off last night. Not sure who did the 4:00, but Joe and Sandra did 5/11 and Liz did the 6:00 solo. Mike also worked like everyday last week so he is entitled to a day off finally lol 

6 hours ago, RealNews18 said:

They also appear to be short handed this week. It seems as if everyone but Liz was off last night. Not sure who did the 4:00, but Joe and Sandra did 5/11 and Liz did the 6:00 solo. Mike also worked like everyday last week so he is entitled to a day off finally lol 

A day off sure, but I doubt if it was a scheduled day off that Shirleen would have anchored the 1st hour alone. It had to have been last minute. 

Edited by JustinH

13 hours ago, RealNews18 said:

During the banter at 6:00 tonight Liz had made a comment (to which the guys replied) and she responded with that’s what happens when you anchor for 3.5 hours straight. It was kinda funny. Lauren anchored with her at 4 and 5 

Lauren is always a good and common fill in.

Sidebar...Lauren like so much of the talent has been there at least 20 years! 

What is it about Channel 7 compared to the other NYC stations that they've retained reporters in particular for so long? My first assumption is the pay. 

Edited by MediaZone4K

On 12/8/2023 at 8:25 AM, MediaZone4K said:

Lauren is always a good and common fill in.

Sidebar...Lauren like so much of the talent has been there at least 20 years! 

What is it about Channel 7 compared to the other NYC stations that they've retained reporters in particular for so long? My first assumption is the pay. 

It's a common theme with most of the ABC O&Os. They're stable and well-run.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Muppetman03 said:

Former Fox5 NY meteorologist Raegan Medgie is filling in for Dani this morning

She must be training. Dani put up an Instagram story and she is in the studio with her. So they now technically have 6 on air weather people? 

Edited by RealNews18

6 hours ago, RealNews18 said:

She must be training. Dani put up an Instagram story and she is in the studio with her. So they now technically have 6 on air weather people? 

Doubtful 6 is the goal.  She's freelancing, so either she's just helping with holiday vacation fill-ins as Andy Field and Sonia Rincon used to do, or someone else is leaving.

Sam is clearly phasing his way into retirement...first he gives up the 4:30-6 portion of the morning show, then the noon..he's now only doing the 6-7 portion of ENTM and mornings at 10, as well as the cut ins during GMA I believe. And he seems to be also taking more than just Friday's off as of late. Per his Instagram, he's regularly on the beach in Miami just hours after the noon show on many a Thursday. 

Edited by JustinH
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, JustinH said:

Sam is clearly phasing his way into retirement...first he gives up the 4:30-6 portion of the morning show, then the noon..he's now only doing the 6-7 portion of ENTM and mornings at 10, as well as the cut ins during GMA I believe. And he seems to be also taking more than just Friday's off as of late. Per his Instagram, he's was on the beach in Miami just hours after the noon show on many a Thursday. 

Brittany does cut ins

3 hours ago, JustinH said:

Sam is clearly phasing his way into retirement...first he gives up the 4:30-6 portion of the morning show, then the noon..he's now only doing the 6-7 portion of ENTM and mornings at 10, as well as the cut ins during GMA I believe. And he seems to be also taking more than just Friday's off as of late. Per his Instagram, he's was on the beach in Miami just hours after the noon show on many a Thursday. 

He seems to only be on Tuesday-Thursday. He was on GMA last Friday.

3 hours ago, Muppetman03 said:

Brittany does cut ins

So then he's only doing 6-7 am and 10-11 am 3-4 days a week? I could totally see ABC7 taking proactive measures and bringing in a 6th meteorologist, even if just for vacation relief (which is how Dani started off before Brittany moved to weekday mornings). It took entirely too long to replace Bill Evans.