WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

33 minutes ago, MorningNews said:

Yeah I did a double when I turned the news on tonight. Bill was off yesterday’s 11pm so it was probably planned.

Bill has been off Fridays at 11 since I think the summer. Before Mike was promoted he was doing the 11 on Fridays for a while. Bill is there tonight because of the breaking news I’m sure. WNBC had David Ushery on as well

• Thanks 1

Cool to see Rhiannon on WABC at 10am. Guessing they are short staffed today for fill in anchors from local. 

Also to note — the 10am set was lit in breaking news red/blue for the A block before reverting to yellow/blue later in the show. Nice to see, 12 years later, how versatile they realized their studio is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IceManNYR said:

Maria Bartiromo is no-longer co-host of WABC's Columbus Day Parade coverage.

They added Mike and Sandra as co-hosts.

2023-10-09(6).thumb.png.eed62ed354403bf9c45301d52d6f821c.png

Since they added the new anchor to this parade, made me think that Sandra will be named moon co-anchor soon

On 10/9/2023 at 1:40 PM, Devin said:

Since they added the new anchor to this parade, made me think that Sandra will be named moon co-anchor soon

Sandra is awesome with Joe and I hope they stay together, even though they have the makings of a weekday anchor pairing.

Edited by MediaZone4K

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, MD TV said:

Bill Ritter is anchoring this morning with Chantee Lans. That's even more unlikely than working a weekend night, imo.

Looks like Sandra anchored yesterday morning with Chantee and Kemberly Richardson anchored last night with Joe. 

It seems WABC wants to have 1 familiar anchor to fill in on a given timeslot (Bill with Chantee, Joe with Kemberly). I suppose the opposite is letting Sandra and Joe stay put and having Chantee and Kemberly anchor together. Normally weekend AMs have been Michelle and Toni so I'm guessing they were both off ( they probably only mentioned Michelle was off since Toni is not permanent, yet). Also for weather I do think Dani Beckstrom is permanent on weekend AMs with Brittany doing the 4-6AM weekdays.

26 minutes ago, TheNewsTV said:

Apparently it's a testing weekend at WABC. Will Liz be at 11pm? She didn't do 5pm with Joe today, even though she was there at 6pm.

Wow, thats super odd. If anything you'd want 2 anchors at 5pm for the hour long broadcast.. I'd say they are definitely testing pairings to see what might (or might not) stick. Originally I thought they just needed to fill Mike's weekend morning position but I forgot about the noon issue. 

Liz is on at 11, too, along with Joe. 

3 hours ago, NYNewsCoverage said:

Wow, thats super odd. If anything you'd want 2 anchors at 5pm for the hour long broadcast.. I'd say they are definitely testing pairings to see what might (or might not) stick. Originally I thought they just needed to fill Mike's weekend morning position but I forgot about the noon issue. 

They have not just the weekend morning and noon issue, but the expectation that Bill will soon scale back and give up at least one newscast. 

1 hour ago, wabceyewitness said:

Liz is on at 11, too, along with Joe. 

They have not just the weekend morning and noon issue, but the expectation that Bill will soon scale back and give up at least one newscast. 

Or maybe two? Have they had Sade and Joe anchor recently? I don't think Bill will give up the 6PM chair just yet, as Bill and Liz recently celebrated 20 years as the 6PM team. Unless Bill gives up the 6PM, and only will focus on the 5 & 11PM news?

6 hours ago, Amra said:

Or maybe two? Have they had Sade and Joe anchor recently? I don't think Bill will give up the 6PM chair just yet, as Bill and Liz recently celebrated 20 years as the 6PM team. Unless Bill gives up the 6PM, and only will focus on the 5 & 11PM news?

It is more likely that he gives up the 11pm. 

48 minutes ago, wabceyewitness said:

É mais provável que ele desista das 23h. 

And David Navarro would be left with 4pm and 11pm then. With that, they would have to have a pair just for midday. (Assuming David Navarro gets the 11pm slot, he leaves the 12pm slot)

Edited by TheNewsTV

The talent shuffle and experimenting continus as they had Britney Bell on the 10am show today for the first time, instead of Dani or Sam, was nice to see her try it out, she did a great job!

Edited by Vlad

• 3 weeks later...