WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

16 hours ago, TheNewsTV said:

Brittany Bell on GMA

1197071538_ABCNY01.ts_snapshot_23_14_241.thumb.jpg.ce18d255630f7aab9c667507888b5e92.jpg

I hope she’s goes network. I realized not a lot of WABC talent jumps to network. I barely see Cefann filing reports there. WTVDs Morgan Norwood went network first with News one, now she’s in New York as a based correspondent and partially helps WABC but isn’t on the local team, Lionel Moise does the same (also a former Raleigh journalist at WNCN), even former, ABC11alum Tim Pulliam is now splitting time between KABC where he left us for last year and the afílate news service kinda nice to see him on our screen again.

Edited by RaleighTVBOI1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, RGSJenkins said:

Thursday, Bill Ritter, Liz Cho, & Lee Goldberg did the 6pm sports report, while Anthony Johnson did the 11pm (Thursday), Friday, and Saturday editions.

Not quite. That Cristina Alexander was on on Saturday night, and Anthony was back, in for Ryan Field, on Sunday.

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, RaleighTVBOI1 said:

Maybe she went to network, and her agent might want her to keep quiet, but do you still retain keycards, or a new one?

Well, if she did end up at ABC network, she would still be in the same building, as both Network and 7 are at Lincoln Square. 

4 hours ago, RaleighTVBOI1 said:

Yew, but is there a keycard for both divisions.

there are passageways you just walk through from building to building, but there additional security checkpoints before areas such as studios. 

if she was going to ABC News, that would’ve been announced and celebrated on air and online as an internal promotion… not just a silent scrubbing of her bio from the website.  She’s probably off to a competing station or network. 

7 minutes ago, wabceyewitness said:

there are passageways you just walk through from building to building, but there additional security checkpoints before areas such as studios. 

if she was going to ABC News, that would’ve been announced and celebrated on air and online as an internal promotion… not just a silent scrubbing of her bio from the website.  She’s probably off to a competing station or network. 

True I just know Al Roker did it low-key apparently. What I saw in a video, also the ND and GM of the station can't do anything about it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know who anchored at 4 yesterday? 
Sandra and Joe did the 5 and did EXCELLENT with the breaking news (as expected)

Liz and Joe at 6 again excellent 

Not sure about the 11.. I might be a little bias here cause I’m not a huge fan of Bill Ritter but it was so nice seeing some different faces on there and not throwing in any sort of comments just straight and to the point. 

• Like 3

Sandra and Joe are an exceptional duo (potentially the station’s strongest?) Their roles as the weekend PM pairing for 20 years is intentional, it’s made them staples.

For me, Bill’s delivery is a bit of a train wreck at times. He diverts from the script nearly every story and he’s not great at ad-libbing which makes it even more obvious when he’s doing it. Finally, his editorial contributions on every story is borderline unprofessional for a top market anchor. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NYNewsCoverage said:

I think others have mentioned, but Joe and Sandra are (and have always been) a great team, almost too good to be regulated to weekends. I'm also not a huge fan of Bill Ritter's delivery, I much prefer a calmer Maurice DuBois type.

WABC has the strongest weekend team which is especially good for Sunday night where primetime actually matters. 

The only way I see to accomodate them on weekdays would be at 5:00.

On 4/19/2023 at 9:11 PM, MorningNews said:

Sandra and Joe are an exceptional duo (potentially the station’s strongest?) Their roles as the weekend PM pairing for 20 years is intentional, it’s made them staples.

For me, Bill’s delivery is a bit of a train wreck at times. He diverts from the script nearly every story and he’s not great at ad-libbing which makes it even more obvious when he’s doing it. Finally, his editorial contributions on every story is borderline unprofessional for a top market anchor. 

Editorial contributions on every story were once a standard operating procedure some places you realize…