WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

Seems like Up Close With Bill Ritter, which used to air at 11am on Sundays, is no longer on the schedule (it was not on today and is not on my Verizon guide for next week). Same for the show with (I think) Joe Torres that used to follow it.  Not sure if it's going to be available for streaming, but there's nothing on the program's website, and Bill has not responded to a tweet I tagged him in.

Edited by MisterBill

25 minutes ago, MisterBill said:

Seems like Up Close With Bill Ritter, which used to air at 11am on Sundays, is no longer on the schedule (it was not on today and is not on my Verizon guide for next week). Same for the show with (I think) Joe Torres that used to follow it.  Not sure if it's going to be available for streaming, but there's nothing on the program's website, and Bill has not responded to a tweet I tagged him in.

I saw a tweet and an ad on channel 7 that Tiempo (Joe’s show) could be found on streaming. 

54 minutes ago, MisterBill said:

On YouTubeTV, both are on the schedule for 11am and 11:30am next week. So does WABC’s program guide on their website.

Looks more like a podcast to me rather than a sports show. It would've been nice though to see a sport spinoff of the newscast from WABC. Like their sister KABC in LA produces after their weekend broadcasts. Rob Fukuzaki and some of the other sportscasters over there produce the show.. But I guess to WABC's credit they produce Live which is a bigger production..

7 hours ago, Vlad said:

Wow thats wild, has he ever done that before? Don't think i've ever seen him work weekends even as a reporter haha. Good for him! :)

Yep. Ken has filled in on the weekend AM a handful of times when Mike has been away or was covering for Sandra / Joe on the PM side. 

Ryan Field was also in Saturday night covering for Sam Ryan.

5 hours ago, TellyGenic said:

Marza’s been working all week as a street reporter.  They’ve also added several new-ish faces to the stable (Johny Fernandez, Julie Yu), especially on weekend evenings.  I wonder what’s going on - are they short staffed?

Technically when Marza came on board at WABC... He was positioned to be an anchor/reporter. So him being out on the streets isn't new...

From my observations: Marcus Solis has been taking on alot of weekday & saturday assignments thus reducing his time on Sundays.. There has been a rotation of reporters working the sunday shift.. IMO, there isn't a set crew of reporters on the weekends..

As for the newer faces: Johny Fernandez and Janice Yu (Most recent pick ups in July and August)

Janice Yu: https://abc7ny.com/about/newsteam/janice-yu/

She's from Atlanta worked at the Fox Affiliate.

Johny Fernandez: Freelance Reporter - WABC. (No profile)

18 hours ago, Spintech33 said:

As for the newer faces: Johny Fernandez and Janice Yu (Most recent pick ups in July and August)

Janice Yu: https://abc7ny.com/about/newsteam/janice-yu/

She's from Atlanta worked at the Fox Affiliate.

Johny Fernandez: Freelance Reporter - WABC. (No profile)

The new hires have been good imo, and Fernandez seems more confident now than he was when he started. That said…

1 hour ago, RGSJenkins said:

Well, Johny has another career, real estate.

https://www.nestseekers.com/agent/johny-fernandez

…I don’t think he’ll be a full-timer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...