WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

On 6/11/2021 at 8:37 PM, 24994J said:

Certainly a possibility. The logical and optimistic assessment would slot her as a 5th, but in a budget crunch era, someone else exiting and keeping the count at 4 isn't out of the question.

Another possibility is Sam leaving. I think he’d be a good fit for GDNY if they decided to hire him.

4 minutes ago, Liugrad2020 said:

Another possibility is Sam leaving. I think he’d be a good fit for GDNY if they decided to hire him.

That's not another possibility. That clearly falls under this...

On 6/11/2021 at 7:37 PM, 24994J said:

[...] someone else exiting and keeping the count at 4 isn't out of the question.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 24994J said:

That's not another possibility. That clearly falls under this...

Mkay.

2 minutes ago, Liugrad2020 said:

Mkay.

Regardless they don’t need 5 weather people. My guess is Sam is going to GDNY or Lee’s going to GMA.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Liugrad2020 said:

Mkay.

Regardless they don’t need 5 weather people. My guess is Sam is going to GDNY or Lee’s going to GMA.

Because GMA needs 2 weekday weather people? Or Sam wants to play second fiddle to Mike Woods? Doubt it.

Either WABC is going to 5 weather people like most of the other O&Os (6in the case of WPVI), or one person’s leaving, and if it’s Sam, I doubt it’s for another job. 

5 hours ago, TVNewsLover said:

Because GMA needs 2 weekday weather people? Or Sam wants to play second fiddle to Mike Woods? Doubt it.

Either WABC is going to 5 weather people like most of the other O&Os (6in the case of WPVI), or one person’s leaving, and if it’s Sam, I doubt it’s for another job. 

Who says Ginger wouldn’t be leaving GMA or promoted to co-anchor? Sam would only go to be the co-anchor of Good Day and then Mike would be the one who’s playing second fiddle. Anyhow will see what happens.

• Confused 2

Shirleen Allicot is not on maternity leave yet, but noticed Candace McCowan has been subbing for her at 12 PM.
Also noticed Sam was on the morning newscast, but Amy has been in for him at 12 PM.
Edited by IceManNYR

12 hours ago, IceManNYR said:
Shirleen Allicot is not on maternity leave yet, but noticed Candace McCowan has been subbing for her at 12 PM.
Also noticed Sam was on the morning newscast, but Amy has been in for him at 12 PM.

Interesting and perhaps a sign of what may be to come.

Shirleen being off the 12 isn't that weird. She had a very similar schedule during her previous pregnancies, especially as she came closer to giving birth.

Sam is likely just getting ready for the Pride March on Sunday. With all of the promos they've been putting out lately, I find it highly unlikely that anyone is leaving. It's the summer, and most anchors take more vacation time, especially those with kids.

Mind you, Candace McCowan will be going on maternity leave around the same time as Shirleen. I can see Michelle Charlesworth handling the newscasts during the week while Shirleen is on leave with Toni Yates or Lauren Glassberg doing weekends

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Liugrad2020 said:

Interesting and perhaps a sign of what may be to come.

If you are referring to someone different doing weather at noon vs. the morning shows, I agree. Either Amy, or Brittany. Maybe they also do the 4pm show and Lee gets to start at 5?

14 hours ago, iron_lion said:

IF another meteorologist is added, a good arrangement could be

Sam

Mon-Thu 4:30 am

Amy

Mon-Thu Noon & 4pm; Fri 4:30 am & noon

Lee 

Mon - Thu 5-11pm; Fri 4-11pm

Makes sense although would Sam have a 40 hour work week?

On 6/24/2021 at 9:53 AM, JamelVVanderburg said:

Shirleen being off the 12 isn't that weird. She had a very similar schedule during her previous pregnancies, especially as she came closer to giving birth.

Sam is likely just getting ready for the Pride March on Sunday. With all of the promos they've been putting out lately, I find it highly unlikely that anyone is leaving. It's the summer, and most anchors take more vacation time, especially those with kids.

Mind you, Candace McCowan will be going on maternity leave around the same time as Shirleen. I can see Michelle Charlesworth handling the newscasts during the week while Shirleen is on leave with Toni Yates or Lauren Glassberg doing weekends

4:30-1 is still a very long day.

On 6/24/2021 at 9:53 AM, JamelVVanderburg said:

Mind you, Candace McCowan will be going on maternity leave around the same time as Shirleen. I can see Michelle Charlesworth handling the newscasts during the week while Shirleen is on leave with Toni Yates or Lauren Glassberg doing 

1 hour ago, TellyGenic said:

Watch as they give Brittany the weekend mornings, and let Amy take Sam's Friday morning and all the noon shifts during the week.

12714431-9249-4CB0-829A-04BACDEEADCE.png

23 years ago today Bill Ritter and Sandra Bookman anchored a newscast on WABC for the first time. Lee Goldberg did the weather for that newscast.

B1D2EF0D-E2D8-476C-B292-2C6BA32EBC3D.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nynewslover said:

According to social media Brittany Bell starts Monday (not sure if that’s on air or not) and when someone asked who was leaving she said no one. 

My guess is she will start off air to learn how all the equipment will work. I am not surprised about no one leaving.

I don't think she can really say if someone is leaving or not.  It's not her place to do that.  The network does that.  But it could be true that no one is or at least no one right now that they want to announce that is leaving.  Time will tell.  But having a 5th does help for fill ins and vacations

On 7/2/2021 at 12:24 AM, Roadgeek Adam said:

I don't know if she'll need that much equipment training. If I remember right, her former colleagues in Raleigh are the ones who designed much of the NY package. 

Sure WTVD helped create the weather graphics, but she has to learn to how to do them by WABC’s standards. Plus there’s promos to film, talent shots, and schedule changes to make before she’s officially on air.

Her Twitter handle has changed from BrittanyABC11 to @BrittanyBabc7.

Edited by 24994J
Just hyperlink it next time.

47 minutes ago, RGSJenkins said:

Sure WTVD helped create the weather graphics, but she has to learn to how to do them by WABC’s standards. Plus there’s promos to film, talent shots, and schedule changes to make before she’s officially on air.

Her Twitter handle has changed from BrittanyABC11 to BrittanyBabc7.

I do not claim to know how things work, but don't they have a weather producer who handles stuff like that? And it's not like she didn't already work at WABC for several months while Amy was out so she must have some familiarity with how things work. Can't imagine that she would post that she's starting at her new station on Monday if she was not going to be on the air. Makes perfect sense that she would be since it's a pseudo-holiday.

PS we didn't really need to see images of her tweets, which were a PITA to remove when quoting your post.

Edited by MisterBill
  • Like 1

Yeah her tweets are kinda annoying, tbh haha. But maybe thats because there is so much in the post! Haha. But nonetheless looking forward to see what she throws into the mix. :). Why is WABC still social distancing btw?

Edited by Vlad

On 7/3/2021 at 11:39 PM, Vlad said:

Yeah her tweets are kinda annoying, tbh haha. But maybe thats because there is so much in the post! Haha. But nonetheless looking forward to see what she throws into the mix. :). Why is WABC still social distancing btw?

Maybe Brittany will be on during the week although I don’t think that would be right for Amy and Jeff. Maybe cause of the Delta variant?