WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

14 hours ago, FiveNews said:

Ch Ch Changes? Testing things out? Don't want to enter speculation territory, but is it a possibility? 

No.. Shirleen has been sick most of last week as others eluded. No changes at this time..

You are not going to change the #1 morning news cast with Ken & Shirleen  versus the fierce competition down the dial with WNBC.

On 2/16/2020 at 5:28 PM, IceManNYR said:

The latest Eyewitness News This Morning promo uses the song  "Keep Your Head Up" by Andy Grammer.

I wonder if its the actual Andy Grammer song or if its a cover of it.

I knew it.  When he was scheduled to come back Feb. 1st and didn't I knew something was up.  I bet he was forced out.  When Mike came on the scene he is their new golden boy.  Ken Rosato better watch out. I think Mike will replace him in a couple of years if not sooner.  I know they are grooming Candace, maybe for future weekends with Michele. 

6 minutes ago, Nancy said:

I bet he was forced out.  When Mike came on the scene he is their new golden boy.  Ken Rosato better watch out. I think Mike will replace him in a couple of years if not sooner.

That is purely speculative. When the man says he's leaving on this own terms, why can't we take him at his word?

• Like 4

It's also an incredible overreaction. I think Rob is happy to do something else in his life. 

Yes, Mike Marza definitely has gotten a lot of promotion and work in his time here, but i don't think Ken and Shirleen will be broken up. Better chance David & Shirleen are broken up at noon over Ken & Shirleen. 

14 minutes ago, 24994J said:

That is purely speculative. When the man says he's leaving on this own terms, why can't we take him at his word?

Because I don't trust EWN as far as I can throw them. 

David and Shirleen will be first but I think Ken later on.  It's all about the looks and the benjamins.  Ever since Disney took over I don't trust them at all.  Too many good people are gone. The rumors of working for Disney is not good may be true.

14 minutes ago, Roadgeek Adam said:

It's also an incredible overreaction. I think Rob is happy to do something else in his life. 

Yes, Mike Marza definitely has gotten a lot of promotion and work in his time here, but i don't think Ken and Shirleen will be broken up. Better chance David & Shirleen are broken up at noon over Ken & Shirleen. 

I think David and Shirleen first but more so because Shirleen may request it because of having 2 kids now. But I think later on it will be Mike and Shirleen. It's all about the looks and the benjamins with Disney. 

30 minutes ago, Nancy said:

Because I don't trust EWN as far as I can throw them. [...] Ever since Disney took over I don't trust them at all. Too many good people are gone. The rumors of working for Disney is not good may be true.

It's been 24 years.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, 24994J said:

It's been 24 years.

Doesn't seem that long but it may also be the big exec's at EWN's that are the ones not to be trusted the most.  Just my opinion but like I said I don't trust them as far as I can throw them.  Sometimes they let people say that they are leaving to other things and that may be true but I'm sure a lot are pushed.  It's like that in any job as well. In  my job when we get an email from someone saying they are leaving to pursue other things we all know they were forced out and 9 times out of 10 that is true.  There is no more loyalty. But I'm sure Rob will be happy in whatever he does. 

Yeah, well Rob was a good class act anchor. Sad that he didn't spend as much time there as some of the other seasoned veterans but i'm sure he can always return in the future if there is a fit for him. WABC has gone to hire reporters and anchors whom left only to return again. I do not think he was forced out. Again we don't know the full story but to me someone that is forced out wouldn't write such a beautifully written monologue such as that on Instagram. I feel like he left voluntarily. Aside from WABC Rob has been in the business for a while so maybe he feels like a change in career is good for him. I could also see Rob doing a talk show he just has that kind of personality for that. Wouldn't be suprised if we stumbled on him again on some sort of talk or radio show. Good luck to Rob and his wife!

10 minutes ago, Vlad said:

Yeah, well Rob was a good class act anchor. Sad that he didn't spend as much time there as some of the other seasoned veterans but i'm sure he can always return in the future if there is a fit for him. WABC has gone to hire reporters and anchors whom left only to return again. I do not think he was forced out. Again we don't know the full story but to me someone that is forced out wouldn't write such a beautifully written monologue such as that on Instagram. I feel like he left voluntarily. Aside from WABC Rob has been in the business for a while so maybe he feels like a change in career is good for him. I could also see Rob doing a talk show he just has that kind of personality for that. Wouldn't be suprised if we stumbled on him again on some sort of talk or radio show. Good luck to Rob and his wife!

That could be but there is also a non disclosure. I think he truly cared about the people he worked with  and that is the reason for the nice monologue. If he was not forced out of the job it may have been the anchor spot on the weekends.  It seems that he has been looking so this was in the making for awhile.  I would not have been suspicious if he had returned on Feb. 1st when he was scheduled to and the silence of coworkers lately when they asked when he was returning.  But I love Rob and wish him the best.  He can even have a comedy show cause the man is hilarious.  Another one we will never know what truly happened. 

If it was non-amicable, it would've been immediately, not April 10.

Also, Michelle has already acknowledged it, so I doubt it. 

While I have problems with Disney as a company, I don't think your conspiracy theory holds water. The only mistake lately was Camille Edwards and the damage she did.