WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

1 minute ago, sfomspphl said:

Someone mentioned the studio got upgraded recently - I noticed the backdrop is seamless now which looks great - anything else change, only caught a glimpse

All the monitors are now seamless. In addition to the backdrop, the anchor desk panels and stand up/interview area monitors are now seamless. The interview/stand up area also received a set of three vertical monitors to add to its background. 

• Like 1

BIG issues tonight on WABC.. not sure when it happened exactly but at the top of the 5:00 hour it was commercials until about 5:10. Then Lee Goldberg broke in and gave an extended weather forecast before tossing it back to Bill and Sandra.. they got through about two stories and at the end of Toni Yates story the camera was stuck on her live shot.. they got back to the studio where the graphics from Toni story were still on screen.. they attempted to read the next story and Bill and Sandra quickly went back to commercial. 5:20 and it’s a replay of a newscast with Liz Cho ( I do not believe it’s today’s first at 4) it’s a complete mess lol definitely the computer going nuts 

5:30 Lee is back on air and on Facebook live

Edited by RealNews18
  • Haha 1

On 12/21/2019 at 11:27 PM, CircleSeven said:

Another out of market O&O weather anchor is filling in tonight.

WTVD weekend meteorologist Steve Stewart is filling in for Jeff Smith.

Steve left some gifts for WABC since he helps design some of the weather graphics the O&O's use. Here's a preview of those graphics. (Hint: look at the train on the left.)

Edited by RGSJenkins
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, RGSJenkins said:

Steve left some gifts for WABC since he helps design some of the weather graphics the O&O's use. Here's a preview of those graphics. (Hint: look at the train on the left.)

I was going to say I saw nothing then I saw an Amtrak logo.

Edited by rkolsen

On 12/23/2019 at 6:44 PM, wabceyewitness said:

New augmented reality graphics and for WABC that mimic the standup/interview area in the main studio. This was shot in the newsroom (you can hear the newsroom phones ringing in the background). 

5F600582-1DDF-444A-9D97-3C6B0A3A3161.jpeg

From the looks of it it just seems to be a chroma key. I imagine she’s standing in the newsroom weather center. If they wanted to make it slightly more realistic they could back up a bit and put some green on the floor.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rkolsen said:

From the looks of it it just seems to be a chroma key. I imagine she’s standing in the newsroom weather center. If they wanted to make it slightly more realistic they could back up a bit and put some green on the floor.

It’s a pretty good effect, as for the Amtrak thing I had a similar thought about the logo on a subway car.. neat Easter egg though would they have to pay a royalty to use the logo?

I love Kristin's style of reporting. She's super engaging and very compelling the way she tells her stories. So glad she's back!

Here's a demo reel from the mid 2010s in honor of her.

Edited by Vlad