WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

Going waaaaay back here, the "steps"/platform leveling design of the 70s was cool, since every station set is the same these days (desk, video wall displaying skyline), a modern take on this might be a unique way to switch it up:

image.thumb.png.56a636e671d1ef2b51f0723088d0233d.pngimage.png.c0a9998aed0fd0e2043ea60f0debed0d.png

Edited by iron_lion

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, JoseRM303 said:

Mike Marusarz who was most recently at NBC affiliate KSHB in Kansas City is joining WABC as anchor/reporter. He will go by Mike Marza a name he went by when he was at WSVN in Miami. 

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2019/5/17/bounced-kc-anchor-lands-in-the-big-apple

Intriguing... whom do we think is moving/leaving???

15 hours ago, wabceyewitness said:

Maybe building a bench. Bill and Diana are both close to the point of scaling back and/or retiring. 

My thought as well.  Would not be surprising if Bill, who is almost 70, wants to give up either the 6 or the 11 in the near future.

Doubt he’s going to replace Bill Ritter at 6 & 11 as the late hours is one of the reasons he & his wife left KSHB in the first place. My guess gonna anchor at noon (replacing Shirleen who can focus on the morning shift) and reporting for the 4, 5 & 6 pm shows. 

I could see him eventually taking the lead anchor spot when Bill leaves. Bill Ritter did say though, in a recent Instagram Post and Tweet that he plans on remaining with WABC for the foreseeable future and is not retiring anytime soon. (We could see Bill Ritter on the air for at least for another 5-7 years)

So maybe he could do something along the lines of what David Novarro did prior to him joining the First at 4 team when it first launched back in 2011. Also with the impending maternity leave that Shirleen Allicot will inevitably go on, i'm sure they will shuffle the anchors around and have him fill in somehow.

Considering the current landscape of news (aka the polar opposite of 40 years ago), I'm not sure how a male fill-in anchor is going to play a major role in the upcoming absence of a female anchor.

Noticed Shirleen Allicot is not co-anchoring at 12 PM this week.

I've seen Michelle and Sandra subbing.

I wonder if when Shirleen goes on maternity leave if her sub is going to anchor the morning news and 12 PM?

Always found it odd Shirleen did the morning news and 12 PM while Ken only does the morning news and David anchors with Shirleen at 12 PM.

• 24994J pinned, unpinned, featured and unfeatured this topic