WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

Looks like WABC is going to do new ads (or just could be NYE coverage) based on the following tweet from NYC OEM:

Planned Flyover: A blue & red Bell 407 helicopter with a white Channel 7 logo will be conducting a flyover near Midtown MN on 12/31 from 8PM to 12:30 AM for reporting & photography. The aircraft will fly at approx. 2,000 ft. Multilingual & ASL Link: on.nyc.gov/1kdjT4y

Edited by NYNews

2 hours ago, NYNews said:

Looks like WABC is going to do new ads (or just could be NYE coverage) based on the following tweet from NYC OEM:

Planned Flyover: A blue & red Bell 407 helicopter with a white Channel 7 logo will be conducting a flyover near Midtown MN on 12/31 from 8PM to 12:30 AM for reporting & photography. The aircraft will fly at approx. 2,000 ft. Multilingual & ASL Link: on.nyc.gov/1kdjT4y

I’m betting New Years Eve coverage. They could be a pool feed - you don’t want too many helicopters flying over a space where fireworks are shooting off. The Times Square Alliance always provides a feed of festivities, sights, sounds and performances.,

19 hours ago, wabceyewitness said:

The entire half hour of Sunday morning’s “Eyewitness News UpClose” will be dedicated to the 50th anniversary of EWN. 

Here is segment 1 of this morning’s UpClose, posted to Bill Ritter’s Facebook page.

It starts with the 50th anniversary report aired back in November and then an edited feature on Roz Abrams. 

https://www.facebook.com/1478254085783659/posts/2280819665527093/

Segments 2 & 3 have very interesting discussions with Doug Johnson and John Johnson about what WABC was like decades ago. They even throw some jabs at their former competitors, former ABC network bosses, and include an interest piece of commentary they received from Walter Cronkite. 

Segment 2: 

https://www.facebook.com/1478254085783659/posts/2280820312193695/

Segment 3:

https://www.facebook.com/1478254085783659/posts/2280820785526981/

Edited by wabceyewitness

On 12/30/2018 at 4:58 PM, wabceyewitness said:

Here is segment 1 of this morning’s UpClose, posted to Bill Ritter’s Facebook page.

It starts with the 50th anniversary report aired back in November and then an edited feature on Roz Abrams. 

https://www.facebook.com/1478254085783659/posts/2280819665527093/

Segments 2 & 3 have very interesting discussions with Doug Johnson and John Johnson about what WABC was like decades ago. They even throw some jabs at their former competitors, former ABC network bosses, and include an interest piece of commentary they received from Walter Cronkite. 

Segment 2: 

https://www.facebook.com/1478254085783659/posts/2280820312193695/

Segment 3:

https://www.facebook.com/1478254085783659/posts/2280820785526981/

Yeah, I recorded it, still have to re-watch it. A very fitting way for them to end 2018. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, 24994J said:

The presence of (or lack of) an online bio is never a good indicator, especially in regards to newer employees.

They don't carry the significance they once did before social media.  Some folks at my station don't have a bio mostly because they didn't get around to writing one.

Edited by noggi

24 minutes ago, Roadgeek Adam said:

See, it still seems to alert some here, especially in the Bill Evans situation, where it basically gave it away. 

Also, they fixed the promotion material for 3 meteorologists now. 

Yeah I saw that.. the morning open also has has the team open “with Ken Rosato.. Shirleen Allicot.. Heather ORuke with traffic... and the exclusive accuweather forecast.. with a swish of the accu weather logo. 

Edited by RealNews18

On 2/28/2019 at 4:51 PM, Roadgeek Adam said:

It's strange. Sam Ryan is now in the promotional material, but she still has no bio. Is she playing a permalancer role here? 

Good news is...in the lobby of their studio by the Live with Kelly and Ryan studio audience entrance, there's a picture of every news pairing they have now, from weekday mornings to weekend evenings. I'll find out if she's officially on the roster on Wednesday or Thursday when I'll quickly swing by.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, mountainave said:

DISCLAIMER: I do know her though (just by looking at her work) since she attended the university that I'm currently in now and was here when she was here working at UF's Innovative News Center, thus recognizing her name.

They're doing the same thing out here in Southern California. Like the Tri-State area, Southern California is expansive. I think that these community journalists are a good idea. I consider them an embedded journalist. KABC has two that I have seen, one covering the Silverlake/Echo Park area and another covering East Los Angeles. I am sure there are more. You can see what they are all about on their IG at @abc7sophie and @abc7eric

• 24994J pinned, unpinned, featured and unfeatured this topic