WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

I'd like to see Michelle Charlesworth finally get a weekday spot. I think she'd excel at 12noon with David Navarro and at 5 with Diana Williams.

100% agree. When she fills in with anyone she does great. I still think she should've gotten the morning spot but that's another story.

• Like 1

I’m not sure I see Michelle moving to weekdays anytime soon. Disney is in a trimming phase right now. Even if one of Diana, Liz, or Sade were to leave, they prolly will reshuffle the other two plus David and Bill’s shows to cover the vacancy.

• 2 weeks later...

Good permanent hire by Ch.7. Congratulations Candace.

Poor Toni Yates. On the last line by herself once again, LOL!

But the way that place operates, it won't be for long because of the "Revolving Door of Talent at Ch.7 EWN".

Maybe if they decide on a new, regular weekend sports anchor, Lucy Yang will join her on the last line.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
Shirleen Is going to London for the Royal wedding and her reports are also going to 6abc

I hope she has a date, because it sucks going to a wedding alone.

Any clues as to what she might wear?

I hope she wears a cute little hat.

And sensible shoes.

• Like 1

I'm sure those in Philly will be happy to see her. :)

Any word on when Sade is returning back to the 5PM? Is she still not clear yet?

Still unclear when she will be back on the 5pm, but I was told it could be up to a year from when the initial injury occurred.

• Like 1

Shirleen is also reporting for WTVD/ABC11 in Raleigh, NC. I guess the east coast O&Os are pooling her rather than relying on ABC NewsOne.

Another O&O reporter is doing the same. Former ABC News correspondent, now KABC reporter Brandi Hitt did reports for not just KABC, but for KGO & WLS.

Well, after all they technically work for ABC. The stations mentioned above are all Owned and Operated by ABC Television so I take it is very easy for them to pool their resources together. :)

• Like 1

• 24994J pinned, unpinned, featured and unfeatured this topic