WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

So today Lori Stokes threw shade at WABC.. Rosanna and Lori did an interview with Ivana Trump and after the interview they were talking about how Ivana mentioned self worth when it comes to money.. Lori goes and if they don't give you what you want.. you show em who's boss... hmmmm thought it was funny

• Like 5

So today Lori Stokes threw shade at WABC.. Rosanna and Lori did an interview with Ivana Trump and after the interview they were talking about how Ivana mentioned self worth when it comes to money.. Lori goes and if they don't give you what you want.. you show em who's boss... hmmmm thought it was funny

Thats how it works! :) Not just on Television but with any job. They don't compensate, you go where they do compensate you more. Especially in this day and age lol.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone's curious, Derrick Waller and Danielle Leigh's bios are now on the ABC7 website.

http://abc7ny.com/about/newsteam/derick-waller/

http://abc7ny.com/about/newsteam/danielle-leigh/

They also fixed a strange mistake on the WABC news team website. For some reason for like 3 months this year, photos that date back 2 headshots ago were up instead of the current ones.

• Like 2

They also fixed a strange mistake on the WABC news team website. For some reason for like 3 months this year, photos that date back 2 headshots ago were up instead of the current ones.

I don't know what that was all about. WLS and KABC's bio pages had the same problem that long ago, though they were resolved quickly. On the other hand, KABC's full header logo is their pre-2015 condensed font wordmark, and the small header image for WLS is their logo with the 2007 shiny ABC.

I always wonder why the head shots are edited so much that they appear so poorly on the station websites. Use the white background or, if they want the 7 branding, get the ABC photographer to take a photo of the talent with the set or somewhere in the building with the 7 logo behind them.

• Like 1

Well well well. (Not surprised one bit though) What are the chances an anchor who deserved it most but didn't get the weekday morning show is next?

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/11/24/another-discrimination-suit-filed-against-ny-news-director

AND THIS (read if you have any downtime.. it says alot. Especially the section about Lori Stokes)

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/11/24/and-here-is-the-lawsuit-against-wabc-and-their-news-director

• Like 2

Well well well. (Not surprised one bit though) What are the chances an anchor who deserved it most but didn't get the weekday morning show is next?

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/11/24/another-discrimination-suit-filed-against-ny-news-director

I wonder if Laura will stay. The Post article mentions the statement from ABC saying her contract expires in a few weeks and they’ve offered her an opportunity to stay in her current role with a pay increase. With this now making headlines, and it being publicly known that he feels she deserved the job, I wonder if she and ABC will instead negotiate an exit or go ahead with her remaining on air with everyone knowing she’s not happy with her current position.

In all honestly, while I was surprised that she was passed over for the job, Ryan Field is doing a better in the position. It’s not because he’s a man, it’s because he’s a better anchor and shows much more chemistry with the rest of the team than Laura ever does.. and she’s been there for longer.

On the other hand, Michelle absolutely did deserve the weekday morning position.

Here is the official complaint filed by Laura Behnke. It is worth the full read and names several other on air talent in it, including Lori Stokes and alleged reasons for her departure and the insinuation that Dave Davis should’ve been fired over it.

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/11/24/and-here-is-the-lawsuit-against-wabc-and-their-news-director

I wonder if we will see Laura Behnke on air again. Additionally I can now see why Lori Stokes did not leave WABC on good terms. Finally Michele Charlsworth publicly said she wanted the morning job. I wonder if more to that story exists that we might hear about soon.

This could turn out to be HUGE. We knew Lori left on bad terms.. Michelle says she's happy but we all know she wanted the job.. Laura could be the start of something big.. Discrimination and possibly sexual harassment from the top at WABC? Not a good look.. have to feel for the people that have been affected by this.

Who is above dave davis? Cause i would can camille,

Camille's events that made station look bad

Firing Sarah wallace and possibly tampering in a case? (Someone explain it correctly please thats how i remember it)

Death of lisa colagrossi

2 discrimination complaints

And a driver of low employee morale and alienation of viewer base

(Could not find anything about dolan so thats my bad)

• Like 2

Dave Davis is the General Manager. He may also need to be fired. Supposedly he sexually harassed Lori Stokes. Sarah Wallace was likely fired cause she was older. I don't know about possible tampering in a case. Lisa Colagrossi was overworked I believe and her mother supposedly blames Camille Edwards in part for her daugther's death. Perhaps she or Lisa's widower will bring a lawsuit against WABC. Which discrimination complaints are we talking about? Laura Behnke and who else? What happened with Jim Dolan? Right. I wonder what's going on with Sade.

Firing Sarah wallace and possibly tampering in a case? (Someone explain it correctly please thats how i remember it)

Death of lisa colagrossi

Rumored suspension of jim dolan

Death of lisa colagrossi

Rumored suspension of jim dolan

Right now, Rebecca Campbell is above Dave Davis. She’s the former WABC GM who is now the head of the Disney/ABC O&O Station Group... but she is leaving her post next month to become the head of Disney’s Europe, Middle East and Africa operations.

Dave Davis is the General Manager. He may also need to be fired. Supposedly he sexually harassed Lori Stokes. Sarah Wallace was likely fired cause she was older. I don't know about possible tampering in a case. Lisa Colagrossi was overworked I believe and her mother supposedly blames Camille Edwards in part for her daugther's death. Perhaps she or Lisa's widower will bring a lawsuit against WABC. Which discrimination complaints are we talking about? Laura Behnke and who else? What happened with Jim Dolan? Right. I wonder what's going on with Sade.

Sade was in a serious car accident that's why she's out. But I really think this will go further leading to firings and more lawsuits. This is just the beginning. Prime example Michelle Charlesworth

• Like 1

Agreed if Edwards and Davis aren't gone I garuntee we see big name talent flee in 2018.

To where though? I highly doubt WNBC, WCBS would break up their anchor/reporter ranks to bring in any cast from WABC. Maybe WNYW or *WPIX* would try to court them but I doubt they will take the paycut to go to those stations. The only two ways I see it is: they will remain at WABC, but there would be a purge in the management suits or suck it up and remain at WABC.

• Like 1

• 24994J pinned, unpinned, featured and unfeatured this topic