WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

I tuned into the 5pm broadcast this week and just missed an introduction to a woman who was apparently joining the team. She was at the desk with Diana and Sade. I'm guessing that she is a new reporter, but I haven't been able to find any info about it. Seemed unusual to have someone in studio at the desk for something like that. Any insight or details?

Dray Clark is departing for NBC Philadelphia.

He's a talented guy. Sad to see him go, though that morning beat reporting had to be a real grind. It's a shame that he never got any anchor fill in opportunities. My sense is that he would have excelled in the role. Any info on what his new job will be?

I tuned into the 5pm broadcast this week and just missed an introduction to a woman who was apparently joining the team. She was at the desk with Diana and Sade. I'm guessing that she is a new reporter, but I haven't been able to find any info about it. Seemed unusual to have someone in studio at the desk for something like that. Any insight or details?

Diana Williams posted this on her facebook page: "I'm talking to Danielle Leigh, our new 7 On Your Side investigative reporter. Have any questions for our new addition to the Eyewitness News team?" Here's the link to the interview.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FABC7NY%2Fvideos%2F10155167567489091%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

I think her name is Danielle Leigh comes in from seattle king 5

• Like 1

Danielle Leigh is the new investigative reporter for the "7 On Your Side" team that includes Jim Hoffer and Nina Pineda. She fills the investigative reporter spot left vacant long ago when Sarah Wallace was forced to leave and before "7 On Your Side" encompassed both consumer news and investigative reporting.

Here is a Facebook Live interview that Diana Williams did with Danielle to introduce her to viewers:

• Like 1

He's a talented guy. Sad to see him go, though that morning beat reporting had to be a real grind. It's a shame that he never got any anchor fill in opportunities. My sense is that he would have excelled in the role. Any info on what his new job will be?

He will co-anchor weekend mornings with Rosemary Connors and report throughout the week.

• Like 1

Danielle Leigh is the new investigative reporter for the "7 On Your Side" team that includes Jim Hoffer and Nina Pineda. She fills the investigative reporter spot left vacant long ago when Sarah Wallace was forced to leave and before "7 On Your Side" encompassed both consumer news and investigative reporting.

Here is a Facebook Live interview that Diana Williams did with Danielle to introduce her to viewers:

Ahhh, excellent. Thanks for the info... and the interview link!

Disney (parent company of ABC, WABC & WPVI) and Optimum is having a carriage dispute and this time this includes all the Disney channels (Disney, Freeform and all of the ESPN channels).

http://www.cablefax.com/programming/disney-warns-optimum-customers-of-possible-channel-loss

Optimum's take: https://www.optimum.net/onyourside

Disney's take: http://instantaccesstv.com/faq/

• 2 weeks later...
Did anyone see this? Hope Sade is okay. They may have mentioned this on air but I switched to 4 NY

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/10/17/ny-anchor-is-m-i-a

That seems tragic for WABC to go through two of their anchors with serious car accidents. It's like 2017 is already troubling for them.

Wow thats unfortunate.. :(. Sade already had a major injury which she pretty much almost died from as well and now this. She's endured a lot of pain and tragedy throughout her life, so I hope this doesn't bring down her morale. She's a strong class act woman though so I'm pretty confident she will recovery. But this time it seems like its not job related so thats really unfortunately. Hopefully she makes a speedy recovery.

• 24994J pinned, unpinned, featured and unfeatured this topic