WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

Shirleen has been off the noon news lately and has been on at 4 and 5. There are so many missing lately I can't keep track: Williams. Sade, Navarro. I was shocked yesterday : A FRIDAY and Ritter and Cho did both the 5 and 6 with Ritter going solo at 11.

Noon Thursday were Nelson and Glassburg. Noon Friday was Rosado and Glasssburg.

I can't believe they allow so many anchors to take off at one time, but hey, it's their business, not mine!

It was also the last time. Did Sandra fill in for Ken?

It was fascinating to note that Lori Stokes and Sandra Bookman were paired for the very first time last week on the anchor desk. How is it possible that they haven't worked together in nearly 20 years?
  • Like 2

Am I detecting on-air chemistry testing with Ken Rosato for several women? So far, we've seen him Lauren Glassberg, Sandra Bookman, and Toni Yates. And, of course, we all know that he's great with Michelle Charlesworth and Shirleen Allicot. I know it's vacation time, but it seems like someone is playing a little anchor chess.

Am I detecting on-air chemistry testing with Ken Rosato for several women? So far, we've seen him Lauren Glassberg, Sandra Bookman, and Toni Yates. And, of course, we all know that he's great with Michelle Charlesworth and Shirleen Allicot. I know it's vacation time, but it seems like someone is playing a little anchor chess.

Noticed that too. However, both Michelle and Sandra were off this weekend so it's likely vacation playing a factor. I really don't see Toni as a lead morning anchor though. We could also see someone completely unexpected to replace Lori. Remember when Steve was fired no one expected Ken to get the spot. Weren't the top contenders originally Phil Lipof, Jeff Rossen and Joe Torres?

• Like 2

Noticed that too. However, both Michelle and Sandra were off this weekend so it's likely vacation playing a factor. I really don't see Toni as a lead morning anchor though. We could also see someone completely unexpected to replace Lori. Remember when Steve was fired no one expected Ken to get the spot. Weren't the top contenders originally Phil Lipof, Jeff Rossen and Joe Torres?

Ken said in his Facebook Live that they are trying out anchors and we'd see a rotation over the next few weeks.

RE: Jeff Rossen -- he was a close second to Ken for the job. He started looking for other opportunities after being passed over which is how he ended up at NBC.

• Like 1

Yeah and they did this when Lori was alone too when Steve Bartelstein left. So they'll keep trying different ones until they find the right fit. Who knows, maybe it could be Michelle? Or maybe even Lauren Glassberg, I hope she gets it. Personally, I think Lauren Glassberg is similar in style to Lori with the way she delivers the news and she just has this grace about how its delivered that really suits her and the station well. Very similar to Lori's style of delivery.

Wow. Either she's just filling in or perhaps Sandra is getting mornings ans Shrileen is getting weekends and maybe Diana's Williams is getting noon. Diana I don't think wanted that in 2015 due to her husbands health at the time.

Shirleen was on with Joe at 6pm tonight.

Another idea is to move the weekend evening team to weekday mornings and the weekend morning team to weekend evenings since they seem to like to keep teams together.

Right. Because what viewers want is a complete overhaul of the top rated weekday morning, weekend morning and weekday evening newscasts.....

• Like 1