WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

I'm watching their broadcast stream and are they only using one camera in the newsroom?

Yep, that's correct, that's why the shot puts the anchors so close together, Because that desk is normally used for one anchor during quick news updates or for reports from the newsroom. It wasn't intended to be used for a full fledged broadcast so that's why its only one camera and prompter.

Why couldn't they use the Live with Kelly studio? Is that affected as well?

If you're referring to their old studio that they had from 1993 to 2011, "The Live w/ Kelly Studio" has been expanded. The old set (TV13B), has been gone for a while since 2011 I recall, as they've combined both studios together to create one large studio for the Live with Kelly show. Though I believe they did utilize the Live with Kelly space once for a special election night coverage but that was way back in 2008, but they haven't used it since.

• Like 1

Why couldn't they use the Live with Kelly studio? Is that affected as well?

Maybe crewing issues? The Live With Kelly studio uses regular camera operators and unless the cameras cannot be routed to the WABC control room they may need more technical staff as they're normally automated.

"The Live w/ Kelly Studio" has been expanded. The old set (TV13B), has been gone for a while since 2010 I recall, as they've combined both studios together to create one large studio for the Live with Kelly show. Though I believe they did utilize the Live with Kelly space once for a special election night coverage but that was way back in 2008, but they haven't used it since.

The Live set seems pretty versatile that they should have no issues using it as a backup for EWN.

Maybe crewing issues? The Live With Kelly studio uses regular camera operators and unless the cameras cannot be routed to the WABC control room they may need more technical staff as they're normally automated.

Hmm. Interesting. Good points.

[quote name='nobody']Wow pretty in depth knowledge for losers not in the biz[/QUOTE] I know @Eat News doesn't need anyone to come to his defense but he is quite knowledgeable and knows things inside and out of the San Diego market. So if he isn't in the biz he has a ton of sources. Also, don't you think if it was that easy for WABC to use the Live with Kelly studio there would be a chance that they would have tried already? These issues have been going on for a week or so.
  • Like 2

Wow pretty in depth knowledge for losers not in the biz

Actually just a plain, simple statement of fact.

"It's not configured that way"...

If anyone cares to dispute that fact then have at it.

Wow pretty in depth knowledge for losers not in the biz

...and....

....and...

and.....and...

• Like 1

[quote name='rkolsen']I know @Eat News doesn't need anyone to come to his defense but he is quite knowledgeable and knows things inside and out of the San Diego market. So if he isn't in the biz he has a ton of sources. .[/QUOTE] I guess "Nobody(friggin bogan)" didn't bother to look at my super excellent profile. He didn't notice I'm a major friggin big-shot at KBEX-TV. I eat losers like him for lunch.....well snacks. I like snacks! Now go stick yer thing in an urchin.
  • Like 1

I guess "Nobody(friggin bogan)" didn't bother to look at my super excellent profile. He didn't notice I'm a major friggin big-shot at KBEX-TV.

I eat losers like him for lunch.....well snacks.

I like snacks!

Now go stick yer thing in an urchin.

i think someone lost their plastic pocket protector in old studio 10c

Also, don't you think if it was that easy for WABC to use the Live with Kelly studio there would be a chance that they would have tried already? .

RKO hit's it on the head...

In the olden daze it was easy to move cameras across the hall to another studio. Both shared the same control room(s) and just a few punches of the routing switcher...or a jack switch solved the problem.

Now. most studios are "purpose built". Some studios use robotics and some don't. Some have lots of modern crazy goo-goo electronics in the chain...while others are straight forward.

Moving sets, minor studio configuration changes and a bunch of other stupid stuff triggers the PERMIT process. Permits cost money and time and architects, and beetle counters, and fish squeezers....blady blady blaaaaa..

Anyway...

In my non-human, non- professional opinion, and based on my first hand observations at WABC I conclude that "Live" should have moved out of WABC a long friakin time ago....like 20 years ago.

Life at EWN NYC would be much nicer with "those people" gone.

They added a second wider camera shot today from the left side of the newsroom desk that gave a view of the anchors at the desk and Bill standing to the right side of the desk after the weather forecast.

For 4pm the have returned to the studio.

supposedly there was a manhole fire within proximity to the studio i think i heard?

For a while, they've had to deal with wiring issues related to that manhole fire on the Upper East Side.

At the same time, their online feed, which I rely on while I'm out of state, has been a bit up and down the last weekend.

Ah, I see haha. Well so far so good this week, they've been in their studio all throughout so it seems like they are getting themselves back on track.

• Like 5

Are these "The news team you can trust"

promos new? I'm just seeing them during the Oscars. It's seems odd and small market for

the number one station in the number one

market.

Haven't seen the promo you are referring to but WABC has used that tagline for years. And stations in New York have used similar promos...

• 24994J pinned, unpinned, featured and unfeatured this topic