WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

• 2 weeks later...

Because they insist on using such tight shots of the 2 anchors in the main studio, this really doesn't look too bad though the sound isn't good. I wonder if they aren't able to change the background video loop to the studio skyline image. If they were to change it, you almost wouldn't be able to tell they're in the newsroom, at first glance.

1183828932_bandicam2017-02-1016-00-25-387.thumb.png.ea268a86c2e93df322234d20e71aca82.png

Because they insist on using such tight shots of the 2 anchors in the main studio, this really doesn't look too bad though the sound isn't good. I wonder if they aren't able to change the background video loop to the studio skyline image. If they were to change it, you almost wouldn't be able to tell they're in the newsroom, at first glance.

[ATTACH=full]3684[/ATTACH]

I wonder what's going on? Issues or maybe slight updates?

Yeah at first I thought they were in a new studio, but then I immediately realized it was just the newsroom small set that they do the updates from lol. Last time this was done was back when they had that fire years ago.

Interestingly enough, I did see a report today during the Noon broadcast from Sandy Kenyon, he reported from the newsroom which hasn't been done in ages since where the anchors are sitting is usually where the reports are done. They did some updates to the news room with a large "Eyewitness News" long form logo appearing in the back of him and some updates too. I thought it was a nice sight to see, hopefully they use shots from there more often.

This obviously means that the West 66th Street Side studio is inoperable or they probably have the blinds down so no one can see inside haha.

Yeah at first I thought they were in a new studio, but then I immediately realized it was just the newsroom small set that they do the updates from lol. Last time this was done was back when they had that fire years ago.

Interestingly enough, I did see a report today during the Noon broadcast from Sandy Kenyon, he reported from the newsroom which hasn't been done in ages since where the anchors are sitting is usually where the reports are done. They did some updates to the news room with a large "Eyewitness News" long form logo appearing in the back of him and some updates too. I thought it was a nice sight to see, hopefully they use shots from there more often.

This obviously means that the West 66th Street Side studio is inoperable or they probably have the blinds down so no one can see inside haha.

They've actually used that a couple times over the past few weeks.. from what I saw once with Jim Hoffer and once with Ryan Field.. I like it much better than when they sit in front of the screen.. especially for breaking news.. I don't know what it is but I just do..

They've actually used that a couple times over the past few weeks.. from what I saw once with Jim Hoffer and once with Ryan Field.. I like it much better than when they sit in front of the screen.. especially for breaking news.. I don't know what it is but I just do..

Looks newsier...

There was a manhole fire adjacent to studio side of the building at the end of last week. It damaged some underground wiring and sent smoke and nasty fumes into the studio. Airing out, cleaning up, checking electronics probably takes a while.

• Like 1