WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

I think they'd *have* to offer the 4&6 to Lori first, but if she turned it down they would surely promote Shirleen. Shirleen will be first in line for any promotion over Michelle (sadly). Michelle would be amazing on weekdays. But the WABC ND is all about minority hires.

• Like 2

I think Lori would do great things for WABC in the afternoon/evenings and I don't see many reasons (minus personal reasons) why Lori would want to turn this down, she's certainly earned it after all these years.

yeah, I think so too.

Obviously not a given any of this happens. Purely speculation at this point, but if Josh does go to FS1, they'd have to give him a NY studio and some type of role to warrant being alone in NY...plus his roots are in SoCal so him "going home" makes sense...and I'd think Liz would go with (and find a job in a second.)

How about..

Noon: David and Shirleen

4: David and Michelle

5: Diana and Sade

6: Bill and Michelle

11: Bill and Sade

Or put Lori where I said Michelle and put Michelle on Mornings.. A lot of times people like where they are and don't want to move. Lori is a big draw for the mornings and I don't know if they want to risk that.

• Like 3

I don't think Liz is going anywhere. This job is too good -- anchoring the 4 and 6 means she's with her daughter in the morning and the evening. Plus, she's in DMA 1. Let's not assume Josh's career is more important than hers.

If Josh were to join FS1, I imagine he'd work out a deal that either has him anchoring from a studio in NY or has him as a correspondent traveling for major sporting events.

I don't think Liz is going anywhere. This job is too good -- anchoring the 4 and 6 means she's with her daughter in the morning and the evening. Plus, she's in DMA 1. Let's not assume Josh's career is more important than hers.

If Josh were to join FS1, I imagine he'd work out a deal that either has him anchoring from a studio in NY or has him as a correspondent traveling for major sporting events.

And lets not assume that working in the number 1 market is more important then family. If Josh does end up in LA I can see Liz moving there too but not right away. There have been several people who have worked in some of the top markets but moved to smaller markets for family and LA is market 2 so not that big of a difference.

I can't believe the number of posts there are already speculating what Liz Cho and WABC *might* do if it's true that Cho's husband Josh Elliot *might* join FOX Sports and *might* have to move to California because his new job *might* be based in Los Angeles and Liz *might* move there, too.

Maybe we should wait to hear first where Josh ends up and then wonder if Liz *might* move anywhere?

• Like 3

If she does, I imagine WABC will fill the anchor holes with either Diana, Shirleen, or Lori.

Personally, I would like to see Michelle Charlesworth in that spot. She has great chemistry with David Navarro and Bill Ritter. Plus, she has the right blend of playful and serious for the timeslots.

As for the others. I don't see the powers that be messing with the morning team. I always love seeing Diana Williams, but I don't see her ramping up her presence or work load. It's easier to see them continue grooming Shirleen for a bigger role, given the three mentioned.

I can't believe the number of posts there are already speculating what Liz Cho and WABC *might* do if it's true that Cho's husband Josh Elliot *might* join FOX Sports and *might* have to move to California because his new job *might* be based in Los Angeles and Liz *might* move there, too.

Maybe we should wait to hear first where Josh ends up and then wonder if Liz *might* move anywhere?

It's just a fun bit of musing on a slow news day. Personally, as much as I like my personal choice for replacement (Michelle Charlesworth), I don't think anyone wants Liz to go. She's pretty terrific.

And while I do realize the Elliott-Horowitz connection at FS1, but who's to say that ESPN won't be in the mix? They're launching a 7 am SportsCenter in February and Elliott would give them a high-profile anchor (and he did help start the 9 am with Hannah Storm) to lead off with.

Would hate to see Cho go because she's very good but playing into the hypothetical of if she does, would love to see Charlesworth get that gig but I do think you probably would see Stokes slide into that role and maybe have Charlesworth take the morning. Fortunately for them, WABC has themselves a pretty good crop of anchors to work with (although I'm not the biggest fan of Sade TBH).

Do the poor guys get a chance to nap after the noon newscast... or is it a lot of

Either the poor guys get a chance to nap after the noon newscast... or it's a lot of espresso shots for both of them.

The afternoon newscasts don't air on Christmas so it's just morning and the 11pm, I'm sure they even got a chance to go home in between.

Yep, they don't do much work for the 11PM broadcast if anything they just adjust and tweak the stories a bit and come back for the 11PM broadcast. But there are no afternoon broadcasts on Christmas Day. Kinda like the Day after Thanksgiving too (Black Friday) when no broadcasts are aired after the morning show.

Yep, they don't do much work for the 11PM broadcast if anything they just adjust and tweak the stories a bit and come back for the 11PM broadcast. But there are no afternoon broadcasts on Christmas Day. Kinda like the Day after Thanksgiving too (Black Friday) when no broadcasts are aired after the morning show.

They didnt do any 11pm live shots about some unfortunate incident?

• 24994J pinned, unpinned, featured and unfeatured this topic