WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

Not an actual reporter.

Yeah I suspect it's not an actual van either... but the news van seems to have a way of getting around anyways... real or not... :D

Note the "... Century News" van to the rear in a Fox News Channel type logo... Somebody had some spare money on that show I think...

Yeah I suspect it's not an actual van either... but the news van seems to have a way of getting around anyways... real or not... :D

Note the "... Century News" van to the rear in a Fox News Channel type logo... Somebody had some spare money on that show I think...

Haha yes.. They also showed clips of a very opinionated news broadcast on a fictional "20th Century News" network. Those shots were shot inside what appeared to be a real news studio, I'm just not sure which one. The New York Post is also the paper of record in this show...Which is ironic considering many of its actual newspaper stories are also fictional.

• 2 weeks later...
i noticed that the previews for wheel of fortune have been updated to look like Kabc's new graphics package a bit maybe WABC will be updating their graphics soon to look like KABC???

It's just an update to their promos for syndicated and local community programming. It's been like that since September.

WABC has typically not updated its News Team page (http://abc7ny.com/about/newsteam/) to include freelancers (e.g., Andy Field, Renee Stoll) but does update it to include full-time staff. Kala Rama, CeFaan Kim, and Mallory Hoff all do not appear on the page. So, either all three of the newest hires are freelancers or the page just hasn't been updated (but the latter seems unlikely).

Eyewitness News at 5 will expand to Saturdays once college football ends. Ch. 7 made it official in their November sweeps press release.

http://abc7ny.com/entertainment/wabc-tv-is-most-watched-in-new-york-and-the-nation/1105848/

So did WPLG 10, WCVB 5 and even WMUR 9 and possibly some others that will secretly do the same as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Josh Elliot is leaving NBC. Rumor has it he might be joining Fox Sports 1 which is out in LA, where he's from. If he does, would his wife (Liz Cho) relocate out there too? Something to ponder

If she does, I imagine WABC will fill the anchor holes with either Diana, Shirleen, or Lori.

• Like 1

If she does, I imagine WABC will fill the anchor holes with either Diana, Shirleen, or Lori.

Anchor holes is uh...interesting lol.

I'd imagine if Lori wanted it, she could have the 4&6. If not, they'd prob leave Shirleen on the noon and have her pick up the 6. With maybe Michele or an outsider getting the 4.

Diana is not picking up any additional work..if anything I'd expect her to scale back permanently. Woman is an absolute Saint to her family.

Anchor holes is uh...interesting lol.

I'd imagine if Lori wanted it, she could have the 4&6. If not, they'd prob leave Shirleen on the noon and have her pick up the 6. With maybe Michele or an outsider getting the 4.

Diana is not picking up any additional work..if anything I'd expect her to scale back permanently. Woman is an absolute Saint to her family.

Maybe vacancies would've been a better word.

If they were smart, I would pair Bill & Sade at 5&11, and

EITHER:

David & Shirleen at 6, David & Diana at 4, and Diana & Shirleen at Noon

OR:

David & Diana at 6, David & Shirleen at 4, and Diana & Shirleen at Noon

OR:

David & Shirleen at 6, Shirleen & Diana at 4, and David & Diana at Noon

OR:

David & Diana at 6, Diana & Shirleen at 4, and David & Shirleen at Noon

Switching out Shirleen for Lori in the above scenarios is also plausible. No need to move or hire anyone else for these roles or holes.

• Like 2

If Liz did leave (would be a sad day for WABC), I could see Lori picking up the 4&6 and either Shirleen or Michele get the morning shift.

If WABC were to go with a more extreme change, the best pairing I think would be:

Mornings: Michele & Ken

Noon & 4: Shirleen & David

5: Diana & Sade

6&11: Bill & Lori

Maybe vacancies would've been a better word.

If they were smart, I would pair Bill & Sade at 5&11, and

David & Diana at 6, Diana & Shirleen at 4, and David & Shirleen at Noon

Switching out Shirleen for Lori in the above scenarios is also plausible. No need to move or hire anyone else for these roles or holes.

I think of the 4 options you put out, this would be the best. The only problem is a lot of people like Diana and Sade as a team.

• Like 1

I think of the 4 options you put out, this would be the best. The only problem is a lot of people like Diana and Sade as a team.

I guess you could put Diana/Sade at 4, with Bill/Shirleen at 5. I guess the point I was trying to get across is that they don't need to hire another anchor.

• 24994J pinned, unpinned, featured and unfeatured this topic