WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

Ken, Lori and Bill were all on the morning show today.

I believe the entire morning team was going out on a promo shoot today (I believe with the GMA team), according to this tweet...

https://twitter.com/heatherorourke7/status/605754464197312512

https://twitter.com/heatherorourke7/status/605798260138115072/photo/1

Ken posted an Instagram video in which he says tomorrow will be their last noon broadcast together as the three of them. So Monday will be different at Noon. Still not sure what the change is (who is leaving and if it's just Shirleen being added) but there will be changes.

You know, it just occurred to me: Lori was part of the promo shoot just two days ago for WABC + GMA in the morning. If she was leaving the morning show soon, I doubt she would have been part of that. So, perhaps (at least for now), Lori is just ceding the noon show. As has been mentioned early, that doesn't rule out the possibility that additional changes take place after Shirleen has sat at the desk at noon for several months.

You know, it just occurred to me: Lori was part of the promo shoot just two days ago for WABC + GMA in the morning. If she was leaving the morning show soon, I doubt she would have been part of that. So, perhaps (at least for now), Lori is just ceding the noon show. As has been mentioned early, that doesn't rule out the possibility that additional changes take place after Shirleen has sat at the desk at noon for several months.

My guess is David will take over for Ken at noon, and maybe Amy and Jeff will rotate weather duties.

My guess is David will take over for Ken at noon, and maybe Amy and Jeff will rotate weather duties.

I was thinking along those same lines. David and Shirleen with Amy (2 weekdays) and Jeff (3 weekdays).

I just find Ken's wording odd in the Instagram video. "This is our penultimate noon broadcast, the three of us together." Why not just say "tomorrow is our last day on the noon broadcast" or something simple like that. His wording makes me think that they aren't all leaving the noon broadcast. Maybe I'm looking to far into it but I just found the wording odd.

In the comments on his Facebook video, Ken confirmed that both he and Lori are leaving the noon show. The reasoning he gave, which is consistent with what some of us suggested earlier, was that "it was just a very long day for Lori and me (2:30am to 1:30pm)." He indicates that he and Lori will remain together on the morning broadcast.

He didn't say anything about Bill leaving the noon, though.

In the comments on his Facebook video, Ken confirmed that both he and Lori are leaving the noon show. The reasoning he gave, which is consistent with what some of us suggested earlier, was that "it was just a very long day for Lori and me (2:30am to 1:30pm)." He indicates that he and Lori will remain together on the morning broadcast.

He didn't say anything about Bill leaving the noon, though.

You're right. I didn't see the full video on Facebook, just the short one on Instagram.

That said, my guess is still David and Shirleen, though I'd love to see maybe Diana and Shirleen.

He said they'll announce tomorrow who will be taking there place I say David.. But who knows.. Also I'm gonna say Bill stays on the noon.. Give the viewers some familiarity and keeping them tuned in.. This is big for WABC even if it is just the noon..

I need to solve a mystery and am not want to create a thread about it cause my dad and i are arguing that Bill Evans had held the title of Chief Meterologist (he hasn't right) so can someone who is an eyewitness news superfan name me the chief meterologist of the station from when bill arrived in 1989 till when lee was named chief in 2006

I need to solve a mystery and am not want to create a thread about it cause my dad and i are arguing that Bill Evans had held the title of Chief Meterologist (he hasn't right) so can someone who is an eyewitness news superfan name me the chief meterologist of the station from when bill arrived in 1989 till when lee was named chief in 2006

Not sure if he was chief from 1989, but Sam Champion was chief before Lee.

According to 7online Bill is the "senior" meteorologist while Lee is the "chief" meteorologist. I think its safe to say that Sam Champion was the "chief" before Lee. HOWEVER, I did once hear that Bill was the "chief" but I can not confirm that for sure. Just a question though, isn't the weekday evening weather person usually the "chief" meteorologist? I always thought that was the case.

Just a question though, isn't the weekday evening weather person usually the "chief" meteorologist? I always thought that was the case.

It is mostly, but I would like to mention, as an exception, that WCAU's "Chief" Glenn "Hurricane" Schwartz is on at 11am and 4pm (along with 6pm, which of course is where "Chiefs" are usually seen on-air), while Sheena Parveen is on at 5 and 11pm, so it doesn't happen everywhere. (that is only one exception I can think of though.)

Shirleen has pictures posted on Facebook of her shadowing NJ Burkett and Tim Flischer, I guess she will probably report for the 4:00, 5:00 and maybe 6:00. My question is does this make her the main fill in on the evening shows? I think that would make sense.

Shirleen has pictures posted on Facebook of her shadowing NJ Burkett and Tim Flischer, I guess she will probably report for the 4:00, 5:00 and maybe 6:00. My question is does this make her the main fill in on the evening shows? I think that would make sense.

Since Shirleen will pretty much have the same schedule as Liz, I can see Shirleen being Liz's primary fill in at 4 & 6.

It is mostly, but I would like to mention, as an exception, that WCAU's "Chief" Glenn "Hurricane" Schwartz is on at 11am and 4pm (along with 6pm, which of course is where "Chiefs" are usually seen on-air), while Sheena Parveen is on at 5 and 11pm, so it doesn't happen everywhere. (that is only one exception I can think of though.)

i thought hurricane got exiled to mornings?

• 24994J pinned, unpinned, featured and unfeatured this topic