WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

Just wondering.. Bill Ritter was in today.. Will they have a rotating fill in or will Bill do the 5,6,11 till Diana comes back?

My guess is a rotation between Bill & David, with a Sandra Bookman, Lori Stokes, and Joe Torres thrown in here and there. Interestingly, Liz Cho was in for Lori at noon today (I believe Michelle filled in during the morning).

My guess is a rotation between Bill & David, with a Sandra Bookman, Lori Stokes, and Joe Torres thrown in here and there. Interestingly, Liz Cho was in for Lori at noon today (I believe Michelle filled in during the morning).

Sandra doesn't fill in at 5pm very often. I think Bill, David, Lori, Rob Powers, Rob Nelson and Joe Torres will all be filling in. Lori used to be the primary fill in for both Sade and Diana at 5pm and many times 4pm but I haven't seen her anchor either recently. Similarly, David used to fill in at 11pm but that doesn't happen much anymore either.

Yeah Lori said on Twitter she was in Clevland for Lisa Colagrassi's funeral.. I've noticed lately they've been using evening anchors for the noon instead of whoever filled in on the morning

Yeah Lori said on Twitter she was in Clevland for Lisa Colagrassi's funeral.. I've noticed lately they've been using evening anchors for the noon instead of whoever filled in on the morning

That probably has to do with the expanded Noon show. 3.5 hours is a lot for a fill in.

Has anyone heard or seen any recently developments regarding newsroom construction? I think it was supposed to be done around now give or take a month. The recent pics I've seen show all of the newsroom staff still cramped together at those makeshift desks.

Has anyone heard or seen any recently developments regarding newsroom construction? I think it was supposed to be done around now give or take a month. The recent pics I've seen show all of the newsroom staff still cramped together at those makeshift desks.

I think it will be ready in May.

In May, there will be further changes besides just a new newsroom. Look for new graphics and updated EWN package designed specific for WABC.

New cuts will start to appear in idents and whatnot before the debut.

Have we seen them yet? By that I mean the ones in some of the special promos and Protect Our Children bump?

In May, there will be further changes besides just a new newsroom. Look for new graphics and updated EWN package designed specific for WABC.

New cuts will start to appear in idents and whatnot before the debut.

New graphics would be nice. The 16-year old music is still perfect for EWN and NYC - doubt it will change much. You also said back in 2013 there would be new music and graphics - what happened to that?

Remember when there were rumors back in 2010/2011 that the newscasts would start using the 2007 Stimulus cuts that WLS had previously rejected? Heck, I think some of these station IDs are in the rotation. I know I saw one on their revamped stream last week.

[yt]szncRPhMXI8[/yt]

I think they were supposed to switch to Stimulus entirely, but like WLS with those cuts in '07, WABC backed out and stuck with the standard.

I'm glad they didn't... There's something uniquely WLS about that music package...

Have we seen them yet? By that I mean the ones in some of the special promos and Protect Our Children bump?

The new "Protect Our Children" graphics debuted over the weekend, the music for it was changed two days later to the KABC morning cut.

Ohhhh, you guys don't watch EWN this morning since i am a night owl at 6:15 Bill Evans does his Forecast Traditionally outside and a group of dogs join him Maximus a Samoyed , Siri also a Samoyed and Cilo (don't know what breed she is can you tell me anyone?https://twitter.com/ClioPup/status/579966837871480832 ) and sometimes Luke a Bernese Mountain dog, They haven't been seen on air in a few weeks and people are going crazy on where they are, there was a rumor that bill got scolded and told they can't be there etc but supposedly there is "behind the scenes changes" Bill on his facebook commented that the dogs could be back on april 20th?

Here's a picture of all 3 maximus clio and siri.

https://twitter.com/siriusbsiri/status/575124287885041664

btw maximus has a facebook

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Maximus-Fuzz/1423452974618797?fref=ts

• 24994J pinned, unpinned, featured and unfeatured this topic