WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

WABC just used a screen shot of a WCBS weather map in their opening teaser about the heat -___- .. I wasn't able to get a pic. but I'm sure someone on here was recording it or something maybe they can post it.

This won't be the first time...

wabc-wnbc1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Is WABC up for possible new graphics this year? It's been 3 years since the last update, which was the amount of time between the last ones and the current ones... Just putting it out there...

I don't think it's time yet. The last graphic package was looking old after 3 years, the current graphics aren't looking old yet. I think ABC needs to look at KTRK and WPVI before they get to WABC for new graphics.

I don't think it's time yet. The last graphic package was looking old after 3 years, the current graphics aren't looking old yet. I think ABC needs to look at KTRK and WPVI before they get to WABC for new graphics.

I know all of this is not exactly related to WABC, but what NYC station do you guys think will be next to get new graphics? My guess would be either WABC, WNYW, or WNBC. Also, I think News12 Networks could use an update to their graphics soon.

Also, I created this design for WABC in powerpoint one day. I think the open looks kind of ugly (and yes I'm critiquing my own design), but I like the lower thirds. What do you guys think?

I know all of this is not exactly related to WABC, but what NYC station do you guys think will be next to get new graphics? My guess would be either WABC, WNYW, or WNBC. Also, I think News12 Networks could use an update to their graphics soon.

Also, I created this design for WABC in powerpoint one day. I think the open looks kind of ugly (and yes I'm critiquing my own design), but I like the lower thirds. What do you guys think?

Fox O&Os recently got a new package. (Though, I already think they need a new one). NBC has updated a few markets so WNBC could see the minor update. I really don't think anyone needs an update. I like what we have.

Fox O&Os recently got a new package. (Though, I already think they need a new one). NBC has updated a few markets so WNBC could see the minor update. I really don't think anyone needs an update. I like what we have.

WNBC will likely get the next update, which will just be the refresh that's been previewed in its teases and current KNBC package... WNYW got their last update in late 2012, so it will be a long time for them, considering how long the usual interval is for FOX O&Os... WABC I could see getting an update within the next year, as the current graphics are now the oldest in NYC, and the station has used the three year interval in the past.

WNBC will likely get the next update, which will just be the refresh that's been previewed in its teases and current KNBC package... WNYW got their last update in late 2012, so it will be a long time for them, considering how long the usual interval is for FOX O&Os... WABC I could see getting an update within the next year, as the current graphics are now the oldest in NYC, and the station has used the three year interval in the past.

speaking of new WNYW graphics, I noticed tonight that they updated some transitions. For example, they have a new "FOX" transition that they use (and it looks very nice!). In addition, they have a new "live" transition, which is much better than the old one (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TEHxHW0zzk#t=55). I couldn't get any screenshots, however (I'll see if I can get any from their livestream).

Is WABC up for possible new graphics this year? It's been 3 years since the last update, which was the amount of time between the last ones and the current ones... Just putting it out there...

I liked the previous graphics package, but I do like the current open with the flyover of Manhattan. The fonts look ether too stiff or tight on the L3.

Noooo not WPVI - too much eye candy. I like KTRK's - different from the generic Helvetica/Univers, all blue packaging. Only change the graphics, but not the theme - just wanted to say that.

• 2 weeks later...

Did they preempt the remainder of GMA? And did any other station do that?

I believe so. I tuned out close to 830am and they were still on the air and, at that point, retreated from the newsroom (where they broke in from during the 7:25 EWN Brief) and back to the studio with both Ken and Lori anchoring.

And, no, other stations stuck with normal programming. Even FOX 5 covered it as just another news and weather story during GDNY.

WABC was back to normal programming during the 9am hour.

I believe so. I tuned out close to 830am and they were still on the air and, at that point, retreated from the newsroom (where they broke in from during the 7:25 EWN Brief) and back to the studio with both Ken and Lori anchoring.

And, no, other stations stuck with normal programming. Even FOX 5 covered it as just another news and weather story during GDNY.

WABC was back to normal programming during the 9am hour.

Unrelated to WABC, but I know WPIX went until 10am today. And WNYW is a joke when it comes to weather and other breaking news stories. If there's a big weather story, WNYW will NEVER preempt their special programming. Even during the 9/11 recognition ceremony, WNYW thought Wendy Williams was more important.

And related to WABC, Rob Nelson is anchoring today with Liz on EWN first at 4.

Beginning September 8th, Eyewitness News at Noon will be extended to a full hour from 12-1. The Chew will run 1-2, Millionaire 2-2:30, "Daytime Jeopardy" 2:30-3, General Hospital 3-4, then EWN First at Four.

The Promo can be seen here for anyone to see.

http://7online.com/entertainment/afternoons-are-new-on-abc7-ny/256565/

Beginning September 8th, Eyewitness News at Noon will be extended to a full hour from 12-1. The Chew will run 1-2, Millionaire 2-2:30, "Daytime Jeopardy" 2:30-3, General Hospital 3-4, then EWN First at Four.

Is "Daytime Jeopardy" in addition to the 7pm airing, or is something else going in that slot?

Is "Daytime Jeopardy" in addition to the 7pm airing, or is something else going in that slot?

The 7pm showing isn't going anywhere, but I don't get all this "NEW" "Daytime Jeopardy!" bullshit. It's like they're trying to pass it off as a brand new show, when all it is is just another airing. Whether the 2:30 will be the same-day airing, a rebroadcast from the day before, or a random past episode has yet to determined, but it's going to be the same host, announcer, theme, and answers and question.

Wow! Just Wow! I can't believe this. Guess who's coming to Channel 7 soon?

From Frank Macek's Blog posted last week (8/14):

Finally, our congratulations to WKYC multimedia journalist A.J. Ross who is leaving us to join WABC-TV in New York City. Ross joined the Channel 3 News team in April 2013 after leaving her hometown station of WTAE-TV in Pittsburgh and the New Pittsburgh Courier newspaper where she was also a freelance reporter.

Wow! What a difference six years make. She was one of the first personalities when WMBF launched six years ago (and it was her first on-air gig at that). As I've seen here reporting style and delivery on WKYC, she's good enough that she could be in one of the bigger markets, hell, even one of the networks. IMO, she's like Linsey Davis-good. But I never thought she would end up at the #1 station in the largest market in the country. And she hasn't even been at WKYC 16 months? I feel that ABC made a tremendous decision picking her.

I wish her all the best, and hopes she spends a lengthy time at ABC. I wouldn't be shocked if the network would take her in. Big Kudos to A.J.!

• 2 weeks later...

Hold on, I think WABC did a soft launch of an hour of full news at noon today. I have video here to prove it. The weather was done at 12:36 pm. Click on the forecast video.

http://7online.com/weather/

I know the President spoke today starting sometime in the 11am hour. Don't know what time it ended but it could be possible that that pushed the noon news start time back a little, hence the late weather?

• 24994J pinned, unpinned, featured and unfeatured this topic