WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

Yeah, I just watched some of the 6 o'clock news, and that tight 2-anchor shot is not doin' it for me. Quick question, though; when Diana fills in on other newscasts, does she usually sit on the right or left? I've seen her sit in with Bill, and she sits on the right (naturally), but with Rob, she's still in her regular seat. Just wondering...

Ok..so its a new week..I don't know if Bill is back yet and like people have mentioned he probably isn't going anwhere..But hows this for team line ups in the future (IF BILL IS THE FIRST TO LEAVE)

Eyewitness News This Morning: Ken and Lori

First at 4: David and Diana

at 5: Rob and Liz

at 6: Diana and Sade

at 11: Rob and Sade

thoughts?

Ok..so its a new week..I don't know if Bill is back yet and like people have mentioned he probably isn't going anwhere..But hows this for team line ups in the future (IF BILL IS THE FIRST TO LEAVE)

thoughts?

They could really keep Bill and find a place for Rob.

4: David & Liz

5: Rob & Diana

6/11: Bill & Sade

I don't think Bill's going anywhere soon though.

thoughts?

They could really keep Bill and find a place for Rob.

4: David & Liz

5: Rob & Diana

6/11: Bill & Sade

I don't think Bill's going anywhere soon though.

Like TVNewsLover said, I don't think Bill is going anywhere yet. Anyway though, I like both of your choices but you are messing up the lineup too much. They aren't going to screw with every team, even when Bill leaves... it's not WABC's fashion to do so.

There are only 3 true options I see:

1. When Bill leaves, someone (Rob?) will simply replace him at 6 & 11 and that will be it.

2. David takes the 6pm with Liz and (Rob?) takes the 11pm and maybe could continue sports at 6pm or even at 4 or 5pm and Laura could do sports at 11pm.

3. David moves to 6 & 11pm and someone (Rob?) takes over at 4pm.

Those are the only 3 options I see, anything else is changing the lineup too much and WABC simply won't do.

In the far distant future when Bill retires it would more then likely be something like this:

Mornings - same

Noon - Same

4 PM - Same

5 PM - Same

6 PM - Liz & Rob

11 PM - Sade & Rob

Laura more then likely will takeover Rob, and someone else will do weekend sports. Lots of people have transitioned from say a sports anchor/reporter to a news anchor/reporter etc. Of course as long as Bill is able to he will continue to anchor the 6 & 11 PM news.

I have to agree the camera framing for the two shot at 6pm made it appear they were framing it for 16:9.

Makes me wonder why no NYC station as yet to letterbox their newscast for SD and make use of the full frame?

The two shot this morning is not as close.

Makes me wonder why no NYC station as yet to letterbox their newscast for SD and make use of the full frame?

I'm surprised local newscasts have been so slow to do this. ESPN, CNN and Fox News did this years ago. Fox Sports has also been doing this for some time on broadcast TV. It's time for this to be a thing.

Gotta say... The weekend newscasts with Michelle, Rob & Amy has become a prototype for what you want on the weekend. Weather, details of the day's events, and a team with crazy chemistry. Been years since I've turned on a newscast and kept it on for 2 hours to catch the banter in between the stories.

Gotta say... The weekend newscasts with Michelle, Rob & Amy has become a prototype for what you want on the weekend. Weather, details of the day's events, and a team with crazy chemistry. Been years since I've turned on a newscast and kept it on for 2 hours to catch the banter in between the stories.

Weekend mornings are usually throw away newscasts, but not at WABC. Rob, Michelle, & Amy are great. Its almost as if they've been working together for years. IMO they're just as good the weekend versions of Today or GMA.

Does someone need to ask if an anchor is ok, every time they are off for over a week!?!? I'm sure she is fine.

No they don't and I'm the first one to say that. It's just kind of weird how she was off for that long back for a few days and off again. That's why I asked.

• 24994J pinned, unpinned, featured and unfeatured this topic