WNBC - News 4 New York

Smitha A

On 4/14/2023 at 6:54 PM, MediaZone4K said:

I *speculate* they'll let Chuck make 50 years or break the longest running anchor in America record. NBC then might buy him out, or he might opt to retire after achieving one of those. Ether way, no rush, he should stay as long as he can. 

That may be it. Of course, I'm in no rush to see that man go. He's part of my childhood and he can still go. Let him break the record and then ride off the sunset after. He's only doing one newscast anyways per weekday...

• Like 9

• 1 month later...

While channel surfing I’ve seen him on there before doing weekday weather reports.  They promote one weather team between the two stations.  You may see more of that, including consumer reports once they are co-located in 3B. 

Edited by NowBergen

• 1 month later...
On 2/12/2023 at 1:05 PM, MediaZone4K said:

Chuck & Somebody other than above 6&7pm

Ancient history, but I always wonder why they never gave Chuck's co-anchor spot to Pat Battle. She's filled in before, she's personable, and she's experienced. she's great on Saturday mornings, but that would've been a good consideration.

9 hours ago, MediaZone4K said:

Ancient history, but I always wonder why they never gave Chuck's co-anchor spot to Pat Battle. She's filled in before, she's personable, and she's experienced. she's great on Saturday mornings, but that would've been a good consideration.

Perhaps it was her choice.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Strange but WNBC briefly cut away from the National Anthem at Ground Zero to take NBC's special report about the ceremonies this morning. Lasted probably about 30-45 seconds.

Wonder if it was automated (didn't seem so as the beginning of the open was cut off) or if a master control operator saw a special report coming down and instinctively pushed the button.

image.thumb.png.dff5b63e48f1163238f99d38d2f8dc38.pngimage.thumb.png.c9388402c4bb794c664d19126b2e452a.pngimage.thumb.png.65d41415fa7eb50bf3b5dda6fb92f338.png

• Thought-Provoking 1

On 9/19/2023 at 5:26 PM, fearlessvoicee said:

WNBC shooting promos in new set guessing it debuts soon

Don’t expect anything earth shattering. 
it’s smaller than 3K that they are in now. Essentially, think of 3B but with curved walls. 
Same style lucite desk. Same blue Peacocks all over. 
if I didn’t know it was a different studio; I wouldn’t have guessed. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

On 9/22/2023 at 1:57 AM, MisterBill said:

And Jen is going to be back on Friday. Michael is in Europe, Darlene is off the grid, or at least not posting on social media.

Darlene is still off the air, it's been a couple of weeks now. She posted photos from a birthday party she and her husband attended this week, so it seems like she's not on vacation.

19 minutes ago, MisterBill said:

Darlene is still off the air, it's been a couple of weeks now. She posted photos from a birthday party she and her husband attended this week, so it seems like she's not on vacation.

They continually say she is off and show promos with her in it.  None of us know her personal situation, other than she is off the air for now.  She may be sick, someone in the family sick, a death in the family, or who knows what.  There is no law that says she has to share every aspect of her personal life with viewers.  She (and all anchors) may be on TV but they are entitled to privacy.

• Thanks 3

On 9/22/2023 at 8:32 AM, nynewsguy said:

Don’t expect anything earth shattering. 
it’s smaller than 3K that they are in now. Essentially, think of 3B but with curved walls. 
Same style lucite desk. Same blue Peacocks all over. 
if I didn’t know it was a different studio; I wouldn’t have guessed. 

Hey @nynewsguy, are you saying they are replicating their current set in the new studio? If so, that is a huge disappointment. Not to mention it is extremely odd to recreate a look that is 7 years old. I would have guessed a version of WRC's set given WNBC's half of 3A is similar in size and shape to WRC's portion of Nebraska Avenue's Studio A. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, carolinanews4 said:

Hey @nynewsguy, are you saying they are replicating their current set in the new studio? If so, that is a huge disappointment. Not to mention it is extremely odd to recreate a look that is 7 years old. I would have guessed a version of WRC's set given WNBC's half of 3A is similar in size and shape to WRC's portion of Nebraska Avenue's Studio A. 

Yes the plan is to split the old nightly news studio 3B into two studios for WNBC and WNJU.

Edited by IceManNYR

2 hours ago, IceManNYR said:

Yes the plan is to split the old nightly news studio 3B into two studios for WNBC and WNJU.

Thanks @IceManNYR, I'm aware of the plan to split Studio 3B. I was inquiring about the set, not the studio. Nynewsguy made it sound like the new set is a rehash of the current set. So I was trying to figure out if I read his post correctly. 

Although the portion of 3B that WNBC will be using will be smaller than 3K, I do hope that there's a new and more

substantial, stylish set.  Let's not forget that when Covid hit, the set that had been used was downsized.  It was 

functional and that was about it - hardly what would be expected from the Flagship station of NBC!

3 hours ago, carolinanews4 said:

Thanks @IceManNYR, I'm aware of the plan to split Studio 3B. I was inquiring about the set, not the studio. Nynewsguy made it sound like the new set is a rehash of the current set. So I was trying to figure out if I read his post correctly. 

It’s legit a smaller version of what they are using now - just with a couple of additional stand-up areas. 
Let’s put it this way - the changes that WABC makes to the studio for the 10am show on a daily basis are more substantial than what I’ve seen coming to WNBC. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1