WNBC - News 4 New York

Smitha A

13 hours ago, IceManNYR said:

WNBC-DT_20220110_0359.thumb.jpg.823e76d04272aacd40851fa307cfc4cb.jpg

Adelle was back this morning. They use @AdelleCaballero on her lower third. They use @TRAFFIC4NY when Emily West is on.

My guess for now is that she is the official TINY Traffic reporter.  Emily West is usually the sub when adelle is out.

3 hours ago, Spintech33 said:

My guess for now is that she is the official TINY Traffic reporter.  Emily West is usually the sub when adelle is out.

Can we seriously stop with the guessing if she’s the permanent traffic anchor. Let’s wait until an official announcement is made before jumping to conclusions. Also for the record they also used the @Traffic4NY handle for Lauren as well. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, TVNewsLover said:

Wonder if there has been any thought of bringing back the “We’re 4 New York” promo campaign. Since it’s debut in 1992, they seem to bring it back every five years (1997, 2002, 2007, 2012) with the exception of 2017.

Since 2016, "We're 4 New York" is combined with the word "Together" to form "Together, We're 4 New York". There had rumors that they wanted to bring back in 1997 and in 2012, but nothing happened, But they actually revived two times, one in 2002 (after 9/11) and in 2007 (after the station converted to HD). the theme was later used in news promos in 2008-2009, but they replaced it with a production music piece in 2010 but they keep the slogan.

Edited by LinCruzChicagoNYLA

Filipino-American reporter Chris Jose, formerly of WSB-TV in Atlanta, has jumped over to News 4. His work with the station will start in April. It will be the second reporter of Filipino descent to join WNBC, a year after the death of the station's first Filipino reporter Katherine Creag in February 2021.

On 1/10/2022 at 5:34 PM, IceManNYR said:

Adelle was back this morning. They use @AdelleCaballero on her lower third. They use @TRAFFIC4NY when Emily West is on.

Although she was off last week, I just noticed that Adelle's Instagram handle is now Adelle4NY and her description says that she's on 4-7am every morning. So she's finally the permanent replacement for Lauren.

Update: I noticed that they still have @AdelleCaballero on the screen, but that's not what she's currently using on IG.

Edited by MisterBill

On 3/7/2022 at 1:38 AM, MisterBill said:

Although she was off last week, I just noticed that Adelle's Instagram handle is now Adelle4NY and her description says that she's on 4-7am every morning. So she's finally the permanent replacement for Lauren.

Another confirmation is her IG post that they are shooting a new promo for Today In New York.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ca7tWDbObsp/

On 8/18/2021 at 11:04 AM, Spintech33 said:

Jessica Cunnington from News 12 Bronx is now with NBC4. Her first report was yesterday.

I wanted to mention that I think that Jessica is excellent. She has done early AM and weekend spots, as well as the usual weekday afternoon/evening. She recently won her first Emmy Award from her News12 days. I am proud to see that she's actually from my town in Westchester.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

WNBC TV picked up new reporter: Melissa Colorado. She filed her first report sometime last week. She's no stranger to the New York City market. She has worked previously at News 12- The Bronx and WPIX.  Previously, has held jobs at NBC-Bay Area and Telemundo Bay area.

Let's hope she's more literate than another new addition, Chris Jose.

One of his first stories was interviewing a young roller skater at the new rink and asking her -

"How long have you been skating for?"

UGH!

The bar keeps getting lower and lower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, SnellKrell said:

Let's hope she's more literate than another new addition, Chris Jose.

One of his first stories was interviewing a young roller skater at the new rink and asking her -

"How long have you been skating for?"

UGH!

The bar keeps getting lower and lower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did he come from?

20 hours ago, SnellKrell said:

WSB, Atlanta!

He was the Gwinnett County reporter.  I suspect that first story was a puff piece to get his feet wet and wasn't suited for him.  Subsequent reports have been fine.  He doesn't seem to get lost while reporting like another NBC4 reporter does.