WNBC - News 4 New York

Smitha A

Does anyone know who actually gets WNBC 4.2? I'm assuming it's just for satellite viewers, but I'm not sure. Does this channel get a lot of viewers? But "themisterfree" has a good point there, maybe all the NBC o&o's commercials are linked? But I don't think a mix-up like this would happen on WNBC 4.1.

Digital subchannels can be found over the air and on cable providers.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't wanna start a new thread about this, but I'm just wondering is Harry Cicma moving more towards general assignment reporting at WNBC? Because I haven't really seen him doing sports on the weekends; rather I've seen John Chandler someone or other do the sports segments on the weekends. So just curious are they gonna make John the main weekend sports person? and just have Harry do general reporting? Btw I think Harry does good when he does general reporting.

I didn't wanna start a new thread about this, but I'm just wondering is Harry Cicma moving more towards general assignment reporting at WNBC? Because I haven't really seen him doing sports on the weekends; rather I've seen John Chandler someone or other do the sports segments on the weekends. So just curious are they gonna make John the main weekend sports person? and just have Harry do general reporting? Btw I think Harry does good when he does general reporting.

John is the weekend sports anchor, Harry is a "sports reporter" but really does general work.

Wow, that's a major error? Are all the East Coast NBC O&Os hubbed? That could explain it (or someone mixed up the promos in the computer systems).

I remember a while back NBC had plans to have all O&Os have their ad times run at NBC Local Media at 30 Rock instead of the local stations. Since the Comcast take over, I have not yet confirmed if this did actually happened.

I remember a while back NBC had plans to have all O&Os have their ad times run at NBC Local Media at 30 Rock instead of the local stations. Since the Comcast take over, I have not yet confirmed if this did actually happened.

They are all hubbed from Atlanta at Encompass Digital Media which provides NBC Local Media with master control solutions for all their stations and most of Telemundo's O&O. When a channel does local news, the ads are placed there on a local server and locally controlled on site but for everything else it's hubbed. The stations are all interconnected by fiber and satellite at transmission and in the event of emergency one station could broadcast to another area (say if during a hurricane WCAU is knocked off they would have WNBC fill in).

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/55504/outsourced-master-control-drives-nbc-oos/

Curious about something does anybody know why Today in NY, the noon, 5 & 11 PM shows no longer have the same opens as the 6 & 7 PM shows. And what I mean is the 6 and 7 PM shows have the "Live from studio 3C in Rockefeller Center this is News 4 NY" while Today in NY, the noon, 5 & 11 PM shows just have the anchors announcing what's coming up a bit of music playing and saying "News 4 NY at 5 starts right now" blah blah blah.

Curious about something does anybody know why Today in NY, the noon, 5 & 11 PM shows no longer have the same opens as the 6 & 7 PM shows. And what I mean is the 6 and 7 PM shows have the "Live from studio 3C in Rockefeller Center this is News 4 NY" while Today in NY, the noon, 5 & 11 PM shows just have the anchors announcing what's coming up a bit of music playing and saying "News 4 NY at 5 starts right now" blah blah blah.

They probably just want to get right to the news and probably thinks people can care less about the station and just wants to know what's happening. I assume since they do play the full theme during the 6PM show, maybe they figured viewers already had their news at 5 and can now do a proper, full open? just a thought.

They probably just want to get right to the news and probably thinks people can care less about the station and just wants to know what's happening. I assume since they do play the full theme during the 6PM show, maybe they figured viewers already had their news at 5 and can now do a proper, full open? just a thought.

"News 4 New York Now" short transitions opens are during the Today Show newspots, 12pm and 5pm. My only guess is to match "The Now" slogan. I see the short open good for TINY spots more than an opening for a newscast.

• 2 weeks later...

They've still got Rob Schmidt anchoring just a half hour per day? Why even bother.

That's probably what he was hired to do, anchor at noon and report on the 5 & 6pm. On occasion I've seen him anchoring at 7pm and late last year/earlier this year filling in for Chuck at 6 & 11pm. This also isn't anything unique to WNBC several other stations are doing this as well. For example Peggy Bunker who is currently with NBC Bay area, only anchors for 30 minutes at 11am, however does field reporting for their early morning news program "Today in the Bay". I wouldn't be surprised if Rob added 6pm anchoring duties once Chuck retires in a few years. Plus they had to find room on the anchor desk for Rob when he was hired last year. Rather then having Rob co-anchor weekend TINY, and moving Contessa to weekend nights, they booted Tom off the noon show and put Rob there.

It looks like Sibila might be off this whole week as Shiba was filling in for Sibila at 6 tonight, and was also filling in for her at 6 & 11 last friday night. I know not many people here like Shiba, but I think she's great as is Sibila and it was nice to see Shiba on the 11pm show felt like old times.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So the Meredith Vieira Show will air at 2pm on 4NY. I don't see how that is a good idea to compete with GH and The Talk. I think 11am or 3pm would have been better.

No, 11am would be better to show the view and their flailing ratings "Who's boss?" The Talk just beat the view in demos alone last sweeps and GH is buoyed with stable ratings (due to few soaps in all and the only soap at 2pm)

No, 11am would be better to show the view and their flailing ratings "Who's boss?" The Talk just beat the view in demos alone last sweeps and GH is buoyed with stable ratings (due to few soaps in all and the only soap at 2pm)

Just clarifying, I'm not saying it should be at 2pm, I'm saying it IS going to be at 2pm.

• 4 weeks later...